How to cook Buchi Recipe.
Buchi Recipe is a Filipino and Chinese dessert with different variaties of sweetened fillings such as, red beans, mung beans “mongo” or purple yam that are deliciously wrapped in glutinous rice flour with sesame seeds and deep fried.
- 1 cup rice, uncooked and soaked overnight
- ½ cup mongo beans (mung beans)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups oil, for deep frying
Buchi Cooking Instructions:
- Soak rice overnight in water, then grind in a blender or food processor until smooth and drain excess liquid using a cheesecloth. In a saucepan wash and bring mongo beans into boil until tender. Mash the mongo beans then set aside to cool. Dissolved 1/3 sugar in 1/8 cup of water then add the mixture to mashed mongo beans. Cook over low heat until the mongo mixture becomes dry, let it cool. Scoop about a teaspoon of mongo beans and shape into small balls.
- In a bowl put the ground rice and add 2 tbsp. sugar dissolved in 2 tbsp. water and mix well. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of rice dough and make rice balls. Press the rice dough using the back of your teaspoon from the center and make a circular motion. Put mongo balls inside the dough and press dough to seal and so on. Place the sesame seeds in a bowl then roll the dough over it and make sure that the seeds stick on the dough. Deep fry Buchi in hot oil, at medium heat until brown for about 2-3 minutes then drain in paper towel.
Glutinous Rice Soaked in Water
Mongo or Mung Beans