Camote Delight (Sweet Potato Delight) Recipe ,
How to cook Camote Delight (Sweet Potato Delight) Recipe.
Camote Delight (Sweet Potato Delight) Recipe. A simple sweet potato recipe and a must try dessert. Camote Delight is also known as Sweet Potato Delight. The taste vary depends on what mixture you want to blend in like custard filling or any jam you like. But the original recipe of making this dessert is only 3 ingredients, a mashed sweet potato “camote”, sugar and margarine. So sweet, creamy and delightful.
Camote Delight (Sweet Potato Delight) Ingredients:
- 2 cups Camote “Sweet Potato”, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 egg yolks
- extra chilled butter, for garnish
Camote Delight (Sweet Potato Delight) Cooking Instructions:
- In a heavy saucepan, place flour, sugar and milk then stir well to dissolve the flour and sugar. Cook the mixture over a low heat and keep on stirring. Add the butter and egg yolks stirring constantly until thickened then remove from the heat. Transfer in a small bowl and cover it with a food plastic wrap to prevent from scorching and let it cool.
- Peel and slice, boiled sweet potato “Camote” and place on a separate bowl. Mash sweet potato “camote” with fork until smooth. Add butter mixture in mashed Camote and mix well. Spoon in paper cups, top with butter and chilled for 30 minutes then serve.
So sweet, creamy and delightful . . .
You can make these sweet potato delights and share them with your friends during snack time.