Kalamay hati Recipe ,
How to cook Kalamay Recipe.
Kalamay Hati or Calamay sa Bao Recipe.Â Â Kalamay is one of the best delicacies here in Philippines. A sweet, sticky, and gooey dessert and often prepared during All Saints Day. It is made from glutinous rice, fresh coconut milk and muscovado sugar. Â You can also buy Calamay sa Bao at supermarkets and especially in pasalubong centers.
Kalamay hati Ingredients:
- 1Â½ cup glutinous rice flour
- 1Â½ cup muscovado or brown sugar
- 2 cans (400ml) coconut milk or 4 cups fresh thick coconut milk
Kalamay hati Procedure:Â Â Â Â Â Â
- In a large non-stick saucepan, combine coconut milk and glutinous rice flour. Stir until flour dissolved. Turn on the fire to a low heat and keep on stirring with a wooden spoon until it thickens. Add the muscovado or brown sugar and stir continuously to avoid sticking from the pan. When the mixture turns lumpy, use a whisk and whisk vigorously to get rid all those lumpy bits.
- You will know it’s thick enough when you can hardly stir it, and it takes approximately 1 hour. Be sure to stir constantly to prevent mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Take off from heat and transfer to a greased banana leaves. If you don’t have banana leaves, you can just slightly grease the plate to avoid the Kalamay from sticking.
The secret of a thick, sticky and gooey Kalamay is when you cook in a low heat with constant stirring.