How to make a simple and delicious Purple Yam Ice Cream.
Ube Sorbetes Recipe. A classic and popular Purple Yam Sorbetes also known as “dirty ice cream” here in the Philippines. Ube Sorbetes is super easy to prepare, delicious, creamy and super rich in flavor. A five ingredient recipe that will surely give you a hundred reasons to smile, chill and relax on a super hot summer day. There’s no need to go out and buy sorbetes at the grocery store or any ice cream parlor.
Ube Sorbetes Ingredients:
- 1 cup Ube Halaya
- 2 packs (250ml) nestle cream, chilled
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- A pinch of salt
- violet food color gel,
- barquillos, to serve (optional)
- Measure 1 cup Ube Halaya and place it on desired container, preferably with a plastic cover. Add in ½ cup sweetened condensed milk, 2 packs (250ml) chilled nestle cream, a pinch of salt. Mix the ube mixture with an electric mixer until smooth and incorporated.
- Add violet food color gel little by little and mix until well blended, you can add more coloring to achieve your desired hue. Taste test your ube mixture if you wish to be a little bit sweeter just add a tablespoon of condensed milk one at a time and whisk again until well blended. You can do it manually with a whisk if you want, but I find it easy to use a hand mixer.
- Cover with a plastic or anything and freeze until partially set about an hour or less. Take off from the freezer and mix it again with the electric mixer until smooth, cover and freeze for another hour. Again, do it one more time and at this point you can add a cheese or macapuno strings if you want extra flavor and freeze until it is ready to be served. Use an ice cream scoop or a regular spoon, serve it in a dessert glass with barquillos and enjoy your sorbetes.