How to cook Palitaw Recipe.
Palitaw Recipe is one of Pinoy’s famous kakanin “sticky rice dessert” also known as “Inday-Inday” it is often serve at feistas as their merienda . A five ingredient recipe and its so easy to prepare. It’s made from glutinous rice flour and water, form into a dough, then flatten and boiled until it floats that’s when you know it’s fully cooked. These Palitaw are chewy and sticky rolled in fresh grated coconut or toasted coconut, toasted sesame seeds and sprinkled with lots and lots of light & dark mascovado sugar or brown sugar.
- 2¼ cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup water, room temperature
- 2 cups fresh grated coconut
- 1 cup light or dark mascovado sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Combine glutinous rice flour with water and mix with a spoon until a dough is formed. Knead the dough just until smooth and softened. Scoop about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough then shape it into a ball and make another ball until you’re done with the dough. I made 18 pieces of glutinous rice balls.
- Flatten the rice balls using the palm of your hands, lightly wet your hands so it wont stick on your palm and set aside. Boil water in a cooking pot then put-in the flattened dough, in batches don’t over crowd your pot to avoid sticking from each other.
- When flattened dough starts to float, just leave it for a couple minutes more before you remove them from the pot. Use a slotted spoon so the water will drip off. Roll the Palitaw in fresh grated coconut. Arrange Palitaw on a serving plate and sprinkle big amounts of mascovado sugar on top, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Watch How to cook Palitaw Dessert :
You can also serve Palitaw separately from mascovado sugar and sesame seeds just put them on the side, so they can control how much sugar or sesame seeds they want.
Sad to say but this delicious Palitaw spoils overnight because of fresh grated coconut. And if you’re planning to store it in the fridge it will harden. So if you’re planning to make Palitaw be sure that you can consume it on the same day. This recipe makes 18 pieces of (3-inch) flat circles, but you can adjust the size according to your preference.