How to make Sweet-Tooth Polvoron Treats.
Classic Polvoron Recipe. The polvoron is a semi-sweet powdered milk candy that is made from powdered milk, toasted flour, sugar and butter or margarine. From the simple and traditional Polvoron Recipe, it had come a long way to several flavors. These include pinipig, peanut, chocolate, cookies and cream flavors and so on. Polvoron is a delicacy loved by Filipinos. Since the procedures on how to make polvoron are easy, you can make this delight real quick. Eventually, you can serve this to your kiddos as snacks or “pasalubong” for your relatives and friends.
Classic Polvoron Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted and toasted
- 1 cup full cream powdered milk
- 1/2 cup refined sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/8 cup margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence (optional)
- wax paper or cellophane, for wrapping
- Sift all-purpose flour and toast in frying pan over medium heat, stirring continuously with wooden spoon and toast it for about 15-18 minutes or until light brown in color. Fire off and let it cool slightly before adding into your dry ingredients.
- Transfer toasted flour into sugar and milk powder mixture and mix well to combine. Melt the butter and margarine together in a saucepan over medium heat. (You can also use either margarine or butter only.) Fire off and let is cool slightly then pour melted butter into toasted flour, milk and sugar mixture and mix well. Add your vanilla essence and mix well until blended.
- Transfer polvoron mixture into a tray or large plate. Form mixture with your desired size and shapes using your polvoron plunger by packing the mixture into the molder. Lay each polvoron on a tray and chill for at least 20 minutes or until firm. Then wrap polvoron individually with your wax paper or clear cellophane. Twist both ends of wax paper in opposite direction to seal.
A Classic Polvoron so delicious, buttery, milky and creamy. Just like pastillas, polvoron has become an all time favorite. Super easy to make and the ingredients are so affordable. Make this simple treat at home and place it on a fancy tin with a card and send them to your family and friends.