How to make a mouth watering frozen dessert Recipe.
Rocky Road Icebox Cake Recipe A 3 layer chocolate flavored graham crackers, filled with cocoa flavored whipped cream with condensed milk and vanilla. A super rich and creamy chocolate icebox cake full of goodness. All you need is to whip the cream, add some almond and cashew nuts, a generous fluffy mini-marshmallows and chocolate chips or sprinkles… and you’re on your way to a rocky road of goodness delight. This cake is refrigerated overnight until the graham crackers absorb the cocoa cream moisture and set completely.
A mouth-watering no-bake-dessert to make, it’s a perfect alternative to your regular rocky road ice cream. Another classic and decadent icebox cake to add to your to do list this coming holidays. A perfect refrigerator cake recipe to make and enjoy with your loved ones.
Makes: 8-12 slices
- 1 box (200g) Frosty Whip Cream Powder, whipped according to package
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ¾ cup cold water
- 1 (250ml) nestle all-purpose cream, chilled
- ¼ – ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 pack (200g) chocolate graham
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate covered Almonds, (dark and white)
- 1/3 cups cashews, roughly chopped
- A handful of chocolate sprinkles or choco chips, to decorate on top
- A drizzle of chocolate syrup, to serve (optional)
Watch How to make Rocky Road Icebox Cake:
- Prepare a 7×11 inches baking dish or any similar container and set aside. I love to use a 7×11 glass dish because it doesn’t only give your dessert a presentable look, but it is also perfectly fit for a single pack of graham crackers. (Sounds familiar right?.. “copy-paste” LOL) In this recipe all we need is to whip the cocoa whip cream, open those plastic wrappers and we’re good to go… (Ooppss! Hey wait… It’s not what think it is hehe…), we’re not going to dump all in at once Darling <wink><wink> We’re going to do it nice and slow, even if it’s too rocky here and there…
- In a mixing bowl, combine frosty whip cream powder, sifted unsweetened cocoa powder and cold water, then whipped until light and double in size. Add in chilled all-purpose cream, condensed milk, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt and mix until well combine. At this point you can taste test your cream and adjust the sweetness according to your taste. Divide the whipped cream mixture into 3 parts, so you can have a 3-layer Rocky Road Icebox Cake.
- To assemble the Rocky Road Icebox Cake, first you have to arrange graham crackers in your baking dish. Lay the crackers flat and even until you cover the whole bottom of the pan. Use knife or your clean fingers to cut and trim off excess crackers, if needed. Pour 1 part of the cocoa cream mixture on top of graham crackers and spread evenly. Scatter 1/3 part of your mini-marshmallows, cashews and chocolate coated almonds on top of your cream. (Don’t worry if it’s not even, we need bumps on the road in this recipe.. LOL)
- Place another layer of graham crackers, followed by cocoa cream and scatter some nuts, mallows and chocolate almonds and repeat process for the last time, ending with a handful of chocolate chips or sprinkles on top. Chill for 8 hours or overnight to set completely before serving. Slice and serve with a drizzle of chocolate syrup, if you like.
Here’s the ingredients we used in our Rocky Road Icebox Cake. This recipe can be modified so feel free to add or replace, such as nuts, chocolate, condensed milk or whip cream, with your trusted brand. So what are you waiting for? Have a list, do some quick grocery and let the fun begin (LOL). I can’t wait to see a photo of your homemade Rocky Road Icebox Cake.
Note: I use 1 box (200g) of frosty whip cream powder plus ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder and cold water and whipped according to package direction. I add (250ml) all-purpose cream and reduced, condensed milk into ¼ cup since frosty cream is already sweet.
A gorgeous, rich and creamy icebox dessert to prepare on any special occasions especially, this coming Holiday. If you’re planning to have an extra income, this no-bake dessert recipe is a perfect home business. All you need is a small fund to start, a good quality ingredients and a perfect size of plastic container with a sticker label and a price tag.
To keep your icebox cake, stay longer, freeze immediately after use. This refrigerator cake will last for 2 weeks.
Thank you for visiting and have a nice day everyone 🙂
– oOo –
” Every morning, take a full glass of Gratitude. When getting to work, take one spoon of Peace. Every hour, take one pill of Patience, a cup of Brotherhood and one glass of Humility. When getting home, take one dose of Love.” And end your day with a slice of Rocky Road Icebox Cake… (LOL)