How to make a delicious Crinkles Recipe.
Chewy and Moist Ube Crinkle Cookie Recipe – One of the most popular cookies, it has a crunchy exterior, moist on the inside and coated with powdered sugar on top for a sweet touch. These cookies are made from ube halaya “purple yam jam”, sugar, oil, eggs, flour and confectioner sugar. A sweet and delicious rich ube flavor what a yummy treats for everyone. Ube crinkle cookies are also perfect as gifts for any occasions, it will surely bring a delightful smile to the receiver. So go and make your delicious homemade Ube Crinkles and enjoy!
Makes 2 dozen
Ube Crinkles Ingredients:
- ¾ cups white or brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ½ cup Ube Halaya (purple yam jam)
- 1 teaspoons ube extract
- Violet food color gel, (optional)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup Confectioner “powdered sugar”, for coating
- In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar and canola oil and whisk until well combined. Add the ube halaya and whisk until well combined. Add the egg, ube extract, violet food coloring and mix well until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Add the sifted dry ingredients into the ube mixture gradually and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until the dough is firm enough to handle, at least 6 hours or more.
- When the cookie dough is ready, preheat the oven to 350F. Lined cookie sheets with parchment paper (use a good quality parchment paper so it won’t stick at the bottom of your crinkles). Divide dough into two, each portion makes a dozen of 1-inch cookie balls. Lightly greased your hands with oil for an easier handle. Deep and roll each cookie ball in powdered sugar and generously coat them. Place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes or until springy when touched lightly and the tops are cracked. Cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack and let it cool completely before storing.