How to cook Chocolate Leche Flan Recipe.
Chocolate Leche Flan Recipe. Leche Flan is a Filipino delicious custard dessert. It’s made from eggs, sugar and milk “Leche”. Steamed over an open flame or stove top, with caramel syrup shimmering on top. A best sweet treats for any occasions, especially at Kids party and a popular pasalubong treat too.
Chocolate Flan Ingredients:
- 2 pcs. eggs
- 4 pcs. egg yolks
- ½ cup hershey’s chocolate syrup
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. water
Chocolate Flan Procedure:
- Prepare steamer with a litre of water on a medium heat and cover with lid. Prepare a couple Llanera’s or any deep tins, then divide sugar and water on both tins. Heat Llanera on a low fire one at a time until sugar starts to melts, dissolved and syrupy. Turn off the heat when caramel syrup turns light brown. Tilt the tin around to coat all sides and continue with the other Llanera and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl whisk egg yolks and eggs together, pour in chocolate syrup and whisk, add condensed and evaporated milk, vanilla extract and continue to whisk until combine. Use a strainer and a ladle to transfer chocolate mixture in to tins to get rid lumpy bits and air bubbles.
- Steam for about 30 minutes with a cloth under the lid, to catch water drippings and avoid flan from soggy. Check with a toothpick if it comes out clean your done. Fire off, transfer on a wire rack and let it cool for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before transferring on a plate and loose edges with a knife for easy transfer to avoid flan from breaking.
So here’s my easy recipe, so light and creamy chocolatier goodness!!!.