How to make smooth Ice Buko Recipe.
Delicious Ice Buko Recipe. Today I made another batch of frozen Buko but this time it’s in popsicle form. I notice that some of our Kababayans out there don’t have access on Agogo wrapper anymore, so here’s a simple solution we’re making Ice Buko. Yep, Ice Buko guys! all we need is a popsicle molder and a few ingredients. This delicious and refreshing frozen fruit popsicle called “Ice Buko” is made with fresh young coconut meat, fresh coconut water, sweetened condensed milk, fresh milk, sugar and cornstarch. These Ice Pops are prepared by mixing fruits, milk and sugar, then pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze until frozen.
Makes : 18
- 1 piece young coconut, scraped into strings
- 2½ cups coconut water (buko juice)
- 1½ tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small can (168ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups evaporated or fresh milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
You also Need:
- Popsicle Molds or Plastic Cups + Popsicle Sticks
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, coconut water and stir until dissolved. Heat the mixture on medium heat until it starts to boil and turn to low and simmer for about 3-5 minutes just until it thickens like syrup. (Adding cornstarch is a method to make the ice becomes smooth and soft).
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl, add the sugar and stir until fully dissolves. Let it cool down a little bit before adding the remaining ingredients. Add in sweetened condensed milk, fresh milk and vanilla extract if desired. Stir thoroughly until well blended and add coconut strings and mix well. Taste test your mixture and add sugar if needed.
- Use a ladle or measuring cup and fill each popsicle cavity with your Buko mixture at least 1/3 cup each. If you don’t have a popsicle mold you can use plastic or paper cups. Arrange ice buko in a tray and freeze until frozen. But if you’re using a metal cups like me, wait until your ice buko is partially set, before inserting a popsicle stick in the center. Freeze until frozen, serve and enjoy anytime!
This hot summer day and rotating brownouts are killing me, I’ve been doing a lot of cooling measures lately. Sitting in front of an electric fan with a cold face towel on my head. I’ve tried wearing wet socks just to stay cool, but it’s not enough, you’ve done this too, right? or just me LOL. Even taking showers won’t last long, I still feel exhausted and I’m always thirsty. But my loving hubby has his own ideas on beating the heat. Strolling in air-conditioned Malls is what He loves and it works for Him. Yep, His strolling alone, I’m a homebody person so you can’t drag me out of this tiny house unless it’s important. I love being at home, so I come up with a resolution that I’ll be making frozen treats until summer ends! 🙂
This is the tool I’m using in making beautiful coconut strings, I have this for a long time, but until now I don’t know what it is. (LOL) When I googled Coconut Scraper it doesn’t look like this one.
Indulging in Halo-Halo or Ice cream every day will cost you a lot, especially if you have kids around. A gallon of ice cream is how much?? With all the tantrums and crying of little ones, I bet this will last for only a couple days, LOL. So here’s a remedy for our aching pockets without depriving yourself and kiddos to enjoy their summer.