Maruya Recipe ,
How to cook Maruya Recipe.
Maruya Recipe or Banana Fritters Recipe. Another popular Filipino street food that everybody loves. This banana snack is so easy and fast to prepare. A ripe banana slice like a fan and coat in pancake batter and deep fried serve with dipping sauce or vanilla ice cream.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh or evaporated milk
- 5 pcs. ripe saba or plantain
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
Maruya Cooking Instructions:
- Wash bananas then wipe to dry and peel off the skin. Using a sharp knife cut each banana leaving ¼ margin for times evenly then form a fan. Place in a plate and set aside until needed. Sift together all dry ingredients and mix well. In a separate bowl mix egg, milk and sesame seeds then beat well. Mix dry ingredients into egg mixture and whisk well. In a frying pan, add 1 cup of oil and heat on a low fire. Dip each banana fan on the batter and shake off excess batter then fry in batches to avoid sticking from each other. Fry unil light brown then drain in paper towel.
Best when its still warm and serve with maple syrup or vanilla ice cream.