How to cook Pimiento Cheese Sticks Recipe.
Pimento Cheese Sticks Recipe. Another Filipino street food merienda with a twist, cheese stick pimento with a dip. Deep fried cheese sticks with pimento that goes along with beer and cocktail drinks. It is often served as an appetizer and has a selection of dipping sauce like spicy mayo or guacamole dip.
Pimento Cheese Sticks Ingredients:
- 470g Quickmelt Cheese
- 1can pimento, drained and cut into strips
- 40 lumpia wrapper
- 2 tbsp. of water
- 1cup oil, for frying
- Mayo Dip (equal portion of mayo & tomato ketchup)
- Spicy Mayo Dip (equal portion of mayo & hot chili sauce)
- or Guacamole Dip, bottled.
Pimento Cheese Sticks Cooking Instructions:
- Prepare the wrappers and 2 tbsp. of water for sealing. Cut cheese into 1/4 inch thick and place between cling wrap and roll to flatten the cheese. Put small amount of pimento in the center of the cheese and place into the wrapper. Brush the edges of each wrapper with water one at a time. Wrap each pimento cheese in a wrapper and press edges to seal and repeat procedure until all done.
- Heat the pan and fry cheese sticks in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and let stand for 3-5 minutes then serve hot. Combine equal portions of mayonnaise and hot chili sauce, mix well, or open a bottled of guacamole and serve it as your dip.
Serve as an afternoon snacks with mayo, spicy mayo or guacamole dip . . .
or as an Appetizer with a cold Beer and Friends :))