How to cook Buko Pandan Recipe.
Buko Pandan Recipe This salad is originated from Bohol Province and became one of the most popular Filipino dessert. It is made from young coconut, pandan leaves that gives a floral fragrance, cream and sweet condensed milk. Often served in birthdays and christmas occasions.
Buko Pandan Ingredients:
- 5 pandan leaves, washed
- 3½ cups water
- 2 packs unflavoured gelatin powder, green
- 2 young coconuts, shredded
- ½ cup Nestle cream
- ¼ cup condensed milk
- vanilla ice cream, to garnish (optional)
Buko Pandan Cooking Instructions:
- Drain the juice from shredded young coconuts and chill until needed.
- In a sauce pan boil the pandan leaves in 2½ cups water for about 10 minutes to until the water infused with pandan flavors.
- Strain the pandan water and discard the pandan leaves then pour back in the sauce pan.
- Dissolved unflavoured gelatin powder in 1 cup of water and add to the pandan water and bring to boil.
- Keep on stirring until powder dissolves and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until liquid becomes clear.
- Pour into a container and allow to cool and set in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Cut pandan jelly into small cubes and put in a bowl together with the shredded coconut.
- Add the condensed milk and nestle cream mix thoroughly and chill for an hour.
- Put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top before serving.
A delicious Buko Pandan treat . . .
Buko Pandan with Vanilla Ice Cream on top. . . sooooo good!!