How to cook Ube-Macapuno Salad Recipe.
Ube-Macapuno Salad Recipe. Ube-Macapuno salad a new dessert recipe that I got from alaskamilk.com. It is made from gelatinous ube, macapuno preserve, sweetened milk, cream, and toasted pinipig for crunch and of course I add some yellow nata de coco for more color.
Ube-Macapuno Salad Ingredients:
- 1cup ube jam or preserve
- 1pack Instant Alsa gulaman or 2 packs knox
- 1 cup water
- 1/4cup Alaska Condensed Milk
- 1/2cup macapuno preserve
- 1/2cup yellow nata de coco, drained
- remaining Alaska Condense Milk
- 1/2cup Alaska Crema
- 1/8cup toasted pinipig (optional)
Ube-Macapuno Salad Cooking Instructions:
- To make the ube gulaman cubes, place ube jam or preserve, condensed milk, gelatin powder and water in a pan. Cook over low heat until gelatin is totally dissolved and fire off. Pour and strain in a prepared mold, for a smooth texture and let it cool for about 15 minutes.Refrigerate for another 20 minutes and let it set completely, then cut into small cubes.
- Strain nata de coco and macapuno preserve completely to avoid salad from watery and set aside. In a jar or small bowl, blend Alaska Condensada or sweetened milk and Alaska Crema or all-purpose cream and chill until needed. In a bowl toss in ube gelatin cubes, macapuno preserve, nata de coco and pour in the cream mixture and mix well. Chill until ready to serve, sprinkle with toasted pinipig.
. . .
In this recipe I used ube preserve instead of ube jam and it looks dull , not like the original Alaska recipe that looks clear and gelatinous like. It could be the jam or ube extract that makes the color vivid but really it taste good!
So creamy and delicious. . .