Black Sambo Recipe,
How to cook Black Sambo Recipe.
Black Sambo Recipe, is a mouth-watering, creamy and velvety dessert. Black Sambo is a two layered gelatin made of cream, milk and chocolate. A delicious treat for chocolate and Jell-O lover. And one of our family best Christmas dessert recipes ever.
Black Sambo Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 2 packs of Knox unflavored Gelatin
- 1 can of condensed milk (big)
- 1 can of Nestle Cream (big)
- 1 can evaporated milk (big)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 packs of Knox unflavored Gelatin, melt in 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Pure Dutch Cocoa or Hersheys unsweetened powder, melt in 1/3 cup hot water
Black Sambo Cooking Instructions:
- In a bowl melt 2 packs of Knox in 1/2 cup cold water. In a separate bowl dilute cocoa powder in 1/3 cup hot water and stir. In a saucepan heat evaporated milk, on a low fire and add white sugar and stir until sugar dissolves. Add the melted cocoa and continue to stir until well blended, and lastly add in the knox mixture and stir continuously until dissolves and fire off. Let it cool by stirring patiently before placing in the container. Freeze for 20 minutes and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a saucepan heat a cup of water over a low fire and pour 1 pack of knox at a time and stir vigorously to dissolve the gelatin completely. Add 1 can of condensed milk and stir until well blended. And lastly pour in a can of nestle cream and keep stirring to dilute the cream, fire off. Keep on stirring until it cools down completely before adding to your choco layer. Refrigerate for another 3 to 4 hours for a best results.
- Note: The longer you stir the mixture to cool down, the smoother the texture of your black sambo becomes. Lessons learned do not freeze Black Sambo more than 20 minutes or else it will harden and icy. When placing the top layer it’s better to use a ladle than to pour the mixture all at once, to avoid bubbles, lumps and to break/move the lower layer. Black Sambo should be firm yet soft and jelly like in texture, you’ll know it’s right when it giggles on your spoon
To make your Black Sambo look more appealing you can use Hershey’s chocolate syrup to drizzle on top before you serve.