How to cook Egg Tart Recipe.
Egg Tart Recipe. A delicious Filipino egg custard dessert recipe. Egg Tart is a miniature version of Egg Pie “Custard Pie”. The crust is perfect flaky and buttery and the custard smooth, velvety, not too sweet and delicious. To those who love sweet tarts here’s a popular egg tart recipe to try and enjoy.
Egg Tart Ingredients:
- 140g butter
- ½ of an egg
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1½ cup plain flour
- a pinch of salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 150 ml water
- 4 eggs
- 40 ml full cream evaporated milk
Egg Tart Procedure:
- In a bowl mix sifted icing sugar, sifted flour, salt, butter and egg until becomes dough and knead. Sprinkle some flour to your working area and knead it to form a ball and wrap in a cling film. Refrigerate the dough for about 25 to 30 minutes or until it is workable state.
- Boil water and sugar on a medium heat and let the sugar dissolve completely without stirring it. Turn off, let it cool down completely. When your syrup is ready, add the milk and eggs into sugar syrup and whisk well to combine. Strain custard mixture to get rid of the lumps, then, set aside.
- When your tart dough is ready, cut 12 equal portions and form a pastry ball. Flatten each pastry ball on a flour and place each dough on a prepared tart moulds. Press dough in the mould by circular motion, using your thumbs then tidy up the edges with your index fingers. The edges should be slightly higher than the tin cause when you bake it will shrink a bit. Arrange the tart moulds with pastry dough on a tray.
- Pour custard filling into tart molds 3/4’s full and bake immediately in a preheated oven at 300°F for about 15 to 20 minutes. Egg Tarts are done when your toothpick inserted comes out clean. Transfer in a cooling rack and let it cool before you take off from molds to prevent crust from breaking.
Super creamy and smooth Egg Tarts with light, flaky and buttery crust. Super easy to make, so I hope you will give this recipe a try and can’t wait to hear from you soon, is it 2 thumbs up?? 🙂