How to cook Pandesal Recipe.
Pandesal Recipe. Pandesal is a Filipino most popular bread. It is serves as breakfast with coffee, best merienda with jam and spread and great snacks with cold soft drinks. Pandesal has a coating of bread crumbs and a shallow ridge on top formed by cutting the rolls from a long rope of dough. It is freshly bake in all panaderias and bakeries here all over the Philippines.
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. yeast
- 1¼ cups fresh milk
- ½ cup +1 tsp. sugar
- ¼ stick of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs, for coating
- In a small bowl combine 1 tsp. yeast, ½ cup milk and 1 tsp. sugar, mix well and let it set for 15 minutes to activate the yeast. In a separate bowl combine another ½ cup of milk and ¼ stick of butter and microwave for a couple minutes just to melt the butter completely. Add in ¼ cup of milk to cool down the mixture then add the egg, beat together and set aside. After 15 minutes add into the yeast mixture and stir.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl flour, salt, sugar and mix well. Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture and mix well, then knead to form a dough. Add extra flour if necessary, keep on kneading until it forms a ball. Rest the dough in a bowl and cover with clean cloth and let it rise for an hour.
- After risen, placed on a floured surface and knead the dough thoroughly and divide in half. Roll the dough and cut in a desired size then coat with bread crumbs. Arrange on a floured tray with cut ends facing up and down with 2 inches apart.
- Let it rest for another hour to double the size before baking. Bake in a preheated oven 350F for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
An all time favorite bread, you can serve as breakfast with butter and a cup of coffee or merienda in the afternoon with pancit canton and cold drinks or even mid-night snack with hot choco 🙂