How to make Ube-Cheese Ice Box Cake Recipe.
Easy Ube-Cheese Ice Box Cake Recipe – A delicious and creamy Ube-Cheese ice box cake recipe to try. Another quick fix dessert to prepare and all you have to do is mix, layer and refrigerate. This cake is a super hit not only for kids, but for adults too. A cake dessert that almost like an ice cream, so sweet, creamy and salty. You can never go wrong with ube and cheese, it’s a perfect combination. A special treat to serve your guests, especially for those Ube lovers, I bet single serving is not enough!
Ube-Cheese Ice Box Cake Ingredients:
- 3 packs Ladyfingers “Broas” or 1 pack Graham Crackers
- 2 cans (300g) + 1 (250ml) Nestle All-purpose Cream, chilled
- 1 can (387 g) Sweetened Condensed Milk, chilled
- 1-2 tbsp. Ube extract
- Violet color food gel (optional)
- 1 (8oz.) cheddar cheese, diced or grated
- In a large bowl, mix together chilled all-purpose cream, condensed milk, ube extract and food color gel, if using and mix well to combine. Arrange pieces of ladyfingers or graham crackers to cover the bottom of 8×8 glass pan or any similar pan you have.
- Divide the cream mixture into 2 equal parts. Spread the half of cream mixture on top of the first layer and spread evenly. Sprinkle grated or diced cheese over the mixture. Arrange the last layer of ladyfingers on top of the cream mixture and cover evenly. Then add the last cream mixture and scatter remaining cheese evenly, do not put pressure on the layer or it will disarranged.
- Freeze the cake for about 6 hours or overnight. Let the cake set completely before slicing and you are ready to serve and enjoy.
Of course we’re not done yet, and I’m ready for my second slice. My Aunt love this ube-cheese ice box cake, she ask me if I can make this again for my Uncle’s birthday. So I did and this time I add a box of cream cheese and lessen the cheese cubes taste much better. If you’re looking something new for dessert please do try this special ube-cheese treat.