How to make a perfect blueberry cheesecake.
No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe. A beautiful and elegant No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake. This delicious cake dessert is made of moist and buttery graham crust, filled with soft and fluffy cream cheese & whipped cream mixture and top with silky and tangy blueberry compote. This cheesecake recipe is divine and it’s not overly sweet, a berry delightful cake in every bite. I got this recipe from magnolia label and I just add a cup of frosty whipped cream to add the volume.
For cheesecake lovers, here’s a no-bake recipe for us to try and enjoy. I know, BAKING is complicated when you don’t have an oven right? LOL, yep sounds stupid! I remember Nanay and I loves to read recipe books. She has so many ideas when it comes to baking, but every time we bump into a “preheat” word she would toss the book and start wishing we had an oven, LOL. I wish we had one back then, so we can spend more time together baking. I miss those days when we both lay down and she would offer me a slice of cake from the recipe book and we both imagine that we are eating and we’re talking how good the cake is, LOL. She’s funny right? I love that old lady so much.
So in this recipe you don’t need to “preheat an oven” or “toss your tablet away” 🙂 🙂 You can make this elegant cheesecake by simply mixing and chilling.
Makes: 10-12 slices
- 1½ cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder, (optional)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 7-8 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. lemon, lime or calamansi zest, (optional)
- 1 (8oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ tbsp. unflavored gelatin powder, dissolved in
- 3 tbsp. fresh milk
- 1 cup all purpose cream chilled
- 1 cup frosty whip cream, whipped (plus extra ½ cup for decorating, optional)
- 1 cup Blueberry Compote or Canned Blueberry in Syrup
- To make the crust: Mix graham crumbs with cinnamon powder, sugar, melted butter and calamansi zest. Mix well until the mixture is moistened and crumbly. Transfer into a 9inch removable bottom pan like spring form pan or tart pan or pie plate.
- Press the crumbs onto the pan as flat and even as you can, I’m using a plastic lid wrapped in plastic wrap. Chill your graham crust for at least 20 minutes to set firmly.
- For the filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and well blended. Meanwhile, dissolve unflavored gelatin into a hot milk and stir, then add into the cream mixture while still hot. Continue beating until cools down and well blended.
- In another bowl, whip frosty cream and all-purpose cream until stiff at this point you can add vanilla extract if you want. Fold into cream cheese mixture until blended. Pour the mixture into a prepared graham crust and spread evenly. Chill for about 6-7 hours to set the cream completely.
- Decorate with reserved whipped cream and top with a good amount of blueberry compote. Chill for at least another hour before serving.
Our nephew Matt drop by earlier for a quick visit and I was making this cake. He ask me if it’s an order and I say nope, He replied with a sweet smile. He went home, after 2 hours later the phone rings and His placing an order for a slice of blueberry cheesecake, LOL. Today my work is done, had fun whipping the cream and got a priceless reward when Matt gives me a two thumbs up!
Cheesecake should be kept refrigerated for a longer shelf life, this will last for a month.