How to make a delicious crusty top, soft and buttery muffins.
Corn Muffins without Cornmeal Recipe. A delicious and rich corn muffins, with a crusty dome yet soft in middle. All we need is a self-rising flour, a pancake mix, an egg, milk, melted butter and sweet corn kernels. It’s easy to prepare just mix all the wet ingredients, then add in dry ingredients and mix until batter is smooth. Fold in sweet corn kernels and add some cheese if you like and bake in the oven or stove-top. In just a few minutes, you have a freshly baked corn muffins to serve and enjoy!
For those who want to bake the all time favorite Corn Muffins a la Kenny Rogers, here’s the easiest way and a budget friendly recipe for you guys. If you don’t have cornmeal? No problem, if you don’t have money, no honey… LOL So lets forget about the cornmeal and honey, because there’s a cheaper and perfect substitute just sitting in your pantry. So let’s start…
Makes: a dozen (2oz.) muffins
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ cup pancake mix, sifted
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ cup milk or (¼ cup milk + ¼ cup corn juice)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ cup corn kernels, drained & juice reserved
- 3 tbsp. grated cheese (optional)
You Also Need:
- 12 pcs (2oz.) muffin pan or puto molder, lightly greased
- 2 tbsp. oil for greasing
Check out Video Recipe:
- Preheat Stove-Top heavy-bottom deep pan or any similar cooking ware over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Place fitted wire rack in the center and cover with a lid. The lid hole should be sealed with a foil so the heat can’t escape. Lightly grease each muffin pan / puto molder with oil and set aside.
- In a mixing bow,l mix all dry ingredients and sift together and set aside. And in a separate bowl or measuring cup mix milk, corn juice, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract if desired, whisk until blended. Add wet ingredients into sifted dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth. Don’t over mix. Fold in, sweet corn kernels and grated cheese and fill each tin/mold about 2/3’s full.
- Cook over stove-top on medium heat for about 18-20 minutes. Please keep an eye on your muffins because we may have different cooking pans and heat temperature. You’ll know if your muffins are done when you check it with toothpick and it comes out clean. Fire off, and transfer in a cooling rack, let it cool a bit and it’s ready to serve.
Here’s Our Simple Ingredients: I’m using Jolly Sweet Corn Kernels, but you can use fresh sweet corn on a cob. Any pancake mix will do, you can also omit or add more cheese if you like. I was craving for Kenny Rogers Corn Muffins, so I ask Ed if He can buy me a half dozen of those but he was too busy. Hmm, but if craving persist, consult google for recipes LOL So I end up searching for recipes, but unfortunately all recipes have cornmeal and honey. But if there’s a will, there’s a way, and this pancake mix is to the rescue woohoo… These corn muffins will last up to 3 days in room temperature, if it gets stale, just microwave it for 30 seconds. Better way to store them is in an airtight container and refrigerate, this will last for a week or even freeze them to last for a couple weeks. Just let it thaw for 3 minutes and microwave for about 30 seconds and they are warm and fluffy again.
If you want these fluffy muffins, please try this recipe and let me know if the pancake mix is a perfect substitute for cornmeal. As I am making this blog post, there’s a man behind me enjoying corn muffins with a cup of coffee 🙂 I think, I should end my post here, so I can join him.. yummy corn muffins here I come :p Thanks for visiting guys, have a wonderful week and God Bless Us All! See you on my next post ..xoxo
– oOo –