How to make the best Buko, Sago and Gulaman Salad Recipe.
Buko, Sago and Gulaman Salad Recipe – A mouth-watering, super creamy, soft and silky Buko, Sago and Gulaman Salad. Another delicious salad recipe to try this coming Holiday Season. This salad is made of fresh young coconut meat, tapioca pearls, gelatin, cream, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. This Buko Sago Gulaman Recipe is very delightful and affordable as well, what a great treat for the whole family especially for the kids. This fruity and silky dessert is best served when its chilled and to make it even more special top it with vanilla ice cream and enjoy.
- 250g Sago (Raw Tapioca Pearls)
- 2-2½ Liters of water, for boiling
- 2 boxes Alsa Gulaman Red and Green, cooked and diced
- 3 young coconuts, meat scrapped
- 1 pack (250ml) All Purpose Cream
- 1 can (300ml) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can (154ml) Evaporated Milk
- First, you have to cook the sago “tapioca pearls” according to package direction. We need to use a large pot and 2 liters of water, then bring into a boil. Never add or drop your sago into unboiling water or else it will start to stick together and at the bottom of your pan.
- Cook for about an hour or so, stirring every now and then until sago cooked through and becomes translucent. And when you’re done fire off, drain your sago in a large colander and rinse in running water to stop the cooking process. Transfer into a large bowl and set aside or you can refrigerate them if you want.
- Next, cook your gulaman according to package direction. Pour gulaman mixture into a mold, refrigerate and let it set completely. When your Gulaman is completely set you can cut them into cubes, it’s up to you what size you prefer and set aside. And if you want to add or use nata de coco instead of gulaman, you have to drain it completely before using.
- In a small bowl, combine the all purpose cream, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk and mix until well blended. You can also add vanilla essence, if you want.
- At this point all ingredients have been prepared and we are ready to make our salad. In a big salad bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well combined. Refrigerate your buko sago gulaman salad for at least 2 hours before serving.
Here’s our salad ingredients ( Young Coconut Meat, Sago, Gulaman, Cream, Sweetened Condensed and Evaporated Milk + water for boiling and cooking)
This salad will last for 3-4 days if stored properly in the refrigerator. Always remember that coconut meat spoils easily, so don’t leave your salad at room temperature for more than 3 hours.
My idea of layering the red and green gulaman didn’t work well, the green gulaman is not visible enough. Good thing I had an extra bottle of green Nata de Coco, so I decided to add it on my salad and it looks beautiful.
A festive and mouthwatering salad dessert to serve this coming New Year!!!
May God give Us all more blessings so we can cook and bake more! New opportunities so we can learn and experiment more! Good health so we can enjoy life! Family protection to keep us safe and sound! Long life so We can enjoy His Riches and Glory!