How to cook Yema Cake na pang Negosyo
The pandemic has put many Filipinos in a financial crisis, especially those who don’t have stable jobs. However, Pinoys have yet again proven that we are resilient no matter the problem. So if you want to make extra income without leaving your home since the quarantine rules still apply up to this day, this Yema Cake Negosyo Recipe can help you.
Yema cake is basically fluffy chiffon coated with Yema. It is said to be one of the most delectable Filipino cakes today. The sweetness and creaminess will surely make you want to crave for more. This cake is perfect for simple snack treats or special desserts for all occasions, including birthday parties, reunions, and even weddings. Everyone will definitely buy if you offer them this luscious Yema Cake delicacy.
Now, are you ready to sell your first Yema Cake with a unique twist? Try and learn how to prepare this Yema cake negosyo recipe in your home to start building your own home business. Doing this is only one of the successful ways to survive this pandemic.
One bite of this mouth-watering Yema cake, and you’ll quickly get repeat orders from friends and relatives. So, what are you waiting for? Try this now!
Ingredients and Procedure of Yema Cake :
Yema Cake Negosyo Recipe
- 4 Large Egg Yolks
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Oil
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Cake Flour
- 1 29g Powdered Milk
- 1½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 4 L Egg Whites
- ¼ tsp Cream of Tartar
- 6 tbsp. Sugar
- 3 L Egg Yolks
- 1 300ml Condensed Milk
- 1 370ml Evaporated Milk
- 3 tbsp. Cornstrach
- 1 tsp. Vanilla or Lemon Extract
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- ½ box 80g Cheese, grated
You also Need:
- 6 med. Llaneras Baking Liners
- 6 750ml Plastic Containers
- Preheat Oven to 160C/320F.
- Prepare Llanera’s with baking liners and set aside.
- Separate 4 large Eggs
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggyolks and sugar. Mix until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add in oil, evaporated milk, vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add in sifted cake flour, powdered milk, baking powder, salt and mix until no lumps. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip eggwhites until frothy & add in cream of tartar and whip until foamy.
- Gradually, add sugar and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in meringue into the cake batter in 3 additions.
- Divide batter equally as possible in a pre-lined Llaneras or molders.
- Bake @170C/325F for about 18-20 minutes. (Steam over med. heat for 20-25 minutes.)
- Do the toothpick test, if it comes out clean vanilla chiffon is done.
- Fire off, Transfer in a cooling rack. You can invert the cake with Llanera for at least 5 minutes before unmolding to avoid chiffon cake from shrinking.
- Place Chiffon Cake in a plastic container and peel off baking liners and let it cool completely.
Lets prepare our Yema Frosting:
- In a saucepan, combine evaporated milk, condensed milk, eggyolks and sifted cornstarch. Mix until no lumps formed or you can strain the custard mixture if you want.
- Cook over low heat, continue stirring until mixtures starts to thicken. It takes about 8-10 minutes, it depends how thin or thick you want your yema frosting will be.
- Fire off, add vanilla extract and butter and stir until well blended.
- Let it cool down before using or frosting your cake.
- Divide Yema frosting into 6 mini-chiffon cakes and spread yema to cover the cakes.
- Lastly, top with grated cheese and it’s ready to serve and enjoy.
Note: Shelf life of Yema Cake, still fresh upto 2 days and it will last for 5 days if refrigerated.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with a simple yet remarkable taste of Yema like no other. The flavor of this classic Yema candy from your childhood creates a sinfully sweet blend of egg yolks and milk. Its thick mixture will undoubtedly stick on your taste buds until the last bite. You can add some vanilla extract to create a fluffier and more textured Yema Cake.
Yema Cake Costing:
- 4 Large Eggs P 32.00
- 10 tbsp Sugar 8.00
- ¼ cup Oil “Canola” 8.25
- ¼ cup Evap Milk “Alaska” 4.25
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract 1.00
- 1 cup Cake Flour 7.00
- 1(29g) Powdered Milk 10.00
- 1½ tsp. Baking Powder 1.50
- ¼ tsp. Iodized Salt 0.25
- ¼ tsp. Cream of Tartar 0.75
- P 73.00
- 3 Large Egg Yolks 24.00
- 1(300ml) Condensed Milk 41.50
- 1(370ml) Evaporated Milk 25.00
- 3 tbsp. Cornstrach 6.00
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract 1.00
- 1 tbsp. Butter 3.50
- ½ box (85g) Cheese, grated P 25.00
You also Need:
- 6 med. Llaneras Baking Liners 2.00
- 6(750ml) Containers @9 54.00
- Other Misc. Gasul & elect. 20.00
Total Expenses : P 275.00
Total Exp.: P 275.00 / Cost per Tub P 46.00 / SRP P 80.00 x 6 = P 480.00 / Profit P 205.00
Note: Profit depends on your Suggested Retail Price (P80.00-P100.00)