How to make a delicious Butterscotch Bars
Easy and simple Butterscotch Bar Recipe. A perfect and delicious butterscotch with cashews, these bars are so moist, chewy and taste like caramel with a brownie like texture. A delicious and timeless butterscotch bar you want to eat anytime of the day. Often serve as an afternoon snacks with icy cold soft drink or a cup of coffee. Another popular and best seller Filipino pasalubong treat, a well-loved balik-bayan pasalubong.
Slices : 12-16
Butterscotch Bars Ingredients:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown or wash sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup chopped cashew nuts or any nuts available
- In a small saucepan, mix together the butter and brown sugar. Heat over low heat and mix until butter has just melted. Let it cool completely before adding the egg. When it’s cooled add the egg into the mixture and whisk thoroughly until well combined.
- Add in sifted all-purpose flour with baking powder to the batter then mix and add the vanilla. Fold in ½ cup chopped cashew nuts or any nuts you desired.
- Pour the batter into a lined 8″x 8″ pan or a brownie pan and evenly spread the mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cashew nuts on top. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for about 20-30 minutes. Fire off, transfer on a wire rack and cool completely before cutting into your desired size.
This bar is not only smells and looks good but also tastes good.
Got this recipe from food.com and since I love cashews, I add more nuts my bars were too crumbly and chewy and I love it! Butterscotch with cashews overload yumminess!!!