How to Cook Champorado Recipe.
Champorado Recipe is a famous Filipino breakfast meal (sweet chocolate rice porridge). A glutinous rice cooked in cocoa powder, sugar, coconut milk and condensed milk. It is best serve while its hot for breakfast and also a good comfort food for a rainy season. Champorado are sweet and sticky and kids love it but for us adults we love to served and eat them with salted dried fish that makes it more tasty. A sweet and creamy plus salty fish meal equals great breakfast or afternoon merienda.
- ½ cup glutinous rice, washed
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup refined sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. pure cocoa powder
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- condensed, fresh or evaporated milk, to drizzle
Champorado Cooking Instructions:
- Combine the sweet rice and water in a sauce pan; bring to a boil for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Dilute the cocoa powder in 3 tbsp. of hot water until dissolved and pour in the saucepan and mix well.Â Add the sugar, and salt into the rice; reduce heat to low and continue cooking until the rice is tender.
- Add the thick coconut milk to the mixture and stir to combine. Pour into a couple bowls and drizzle with condensed or evaporated milk and serve immediately.
. . .
A hearty Champorado breakfast meal and also known as Sweet Choco Rice Porridge.
If this recipe is too thick or sweet for you, use fresh milk or evaporated milk and enjoy!