How to make a delicious and chewy Coconut Macaroons .
Filipino Coconut Macaroons Recipe – A popular Filipino pasalubong treat, a sweet and chewy mini coconut muffins. This is the original Coconut Macaroons recipe, it is made of sweet desiccated coconut, condensed milk, sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla extract. These tiny coconut macaroons are tasty and often serve as snacks serve along with coffee, tea or cold drinks.
Makes 4 dozens
Coconut Macaroons Ingredients:
- 2 eggs @ room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (300ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups sweet desiccated coconut
- 50pcs (1 oz.) cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 350F and lined mini muffin pans with 1oz. cupcake liners. Whisk the eggs until light and frothy. Add the sugar and melted butter, then whisk until sugar is completely dissolved. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract, then whisk until well blended. I put 2 tablespoons of water in the milk can to get the remaining milk at the bottom, I don’t want to waste it and then I add to the mixture but this is optional. Mix well until smooth and the water is well blended.
- Add the sifted all-purpose flour and baking powder and mix well. Lastly, fold in desiccated coconut and let it soak for 5 minutes, just to soften the coconut. Scoop mixture into cupcake liners about 2/3’s full. Continue filling each liner until you’re completely done, it yields 4 to 4½ dozens.
- Bake macaroons for at least 10-15 minutes or until lightly brown on the top. I use the middle rack, to avoid macaroons from burning the top part. Fire off, and transfer in a cooling rack to cool completely before packing and storing.