Boracay’s famous and delicious bestseller’s frozen dessert treats.
Buko Salad a la Coco Mama Recipe – Boracay’s Coco Mama with a twist, we’re still going to serve this on a coconut shell, with coconut ice cream, fresh coconut strips, fruit cocktail, crunchy toasted pinipig and top with a cherry. This new version of coco mama looks stunning with tropical fruits, a perfect surprise frozen treats for your guest, especially when you are hosting a pool party this summer.
I love the idea of this frozen dessert, it really makes you feel that you’re on a vacation and having a chill moment under a shady coconut tree and just enjoying your frozen dessert. I wish coco mama will come up with different flavors soon. How I wish, their secret recipe of Non-Dairy Coconut Ice Cream will be hacked and revealed… 😀 As they say, there will always be a substitute for everything, it may not be perfect but it’s definitely great. Thank you, Lord for the Macapuno Ice Cream, (pwede na :p) So lets start…
- 2 medium young coconut in the shell, cut in half
- 4 scoops coconut or macapuno ice cream
- ½ cup fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 tbsp. pinipig, toasted
- 2 pcs maraschino cherries, for garnish
Check out Video Recipe:
- For the Crispy Toppings: We need: 2 tablespoons of pinipig. In a small saucepan over low heat, toast Pinipig until lightly brown. Keep on tossing, this doesn’t take long to toast, so please keep an eye on it. Fire off, let it cool completely before using. (rice krispues, slivered almonds, roughly crushed cashews or dried coconut flakes are the perfect substitutes.)
- Let’s Prepare and Assemble: Drain fruit cocktail, cherry and set aside. Now that we have all the ingredients needed for this frozen dessert. Let’s Assemble: First, Scrape the young coconut, lightly off the shell, avoid the brown part as possible as you can. Add a couple of scoops of coconut or macapuno ice cream in the center. Add fruit cocktail about 2 tablespoons on each side. Sprinkle with toasted rice pinipig and top with cherry. Serve immediately and Enjoy!
Coco Mama –Menu and Prices. Coco Mama Stalls are located at d*mall, Station 2 Boracay and there’s another one located at the new Hue Hotel Food Court, “streetmarket” Station-X. Here’s our delicious and mouth-watering Buko Salad ala Coco Mama. But in this recipe we omit the sticky rice it’s optional. The toasted pinipig adds texture and nutty flavor that complements well with the soft and creamy ice cream and sweet-tangy fruits.
Another summer frozen treats to serve to your family and friends, especially when you’re hosting a beach or pool theme party. You can buy fresh young coconuts in advance, and be sure it’s already trimmed and cut in halves. Keep coconuts refrigerated until needed, coconuts get spoiled easily when it is open and left in a hot temperature for a long period of time. You can also serve plain coconut water just add a couple of ice cubes, it’s so refreshing keeps you hydrated all day.
This tropical and festive looking dessert is very quick and easy to prepare, a perfect alternative for Halo-Halo. You’ve got to try this, guys, it’s really delicious. Thanks for checking out our new recipe post, have a wonderful and blessed weekend. I’ll see you in my next post, bye. xo
– oOo –
Because it’s summer and the memories are just waiting to happen.
– oOo –
Smell the Sea, Feel the Breeze, Hear the Ocean and Be at Ease 🙂
When we were strolling on this private beach here in Savoy – Boracay. I saw the swing, I was so excited to try it, but it was too high that my legs can hardly reach. But I manage to get into the swing, and as soon as I stand on it, it’s effortless the strong wind begins to rock me back and forth. I stayed there for a while, enjoying the swing and the beautiful view, while Ed was busy taking photos and videos. We took some shots here and there and left the beach, for breakfast.
The Hotel are fully furnished and looks elegant. The Hotel accommodation was awesome and the people there are so friendly and approachable. This is the view from our room, looks stunning. There’s a huge swimming pool in front of the bar and on the other side, there’s another big concert swimming pool arena with a beautiful bridge in the center. We have a great time staying there, the foods were great and the room service is excellent. They serve buffet breakfast, the restaurant on the 2nd floor mostly served Mediterranean Buffet and Asian Fusion Buffet at the Ground floor in front of the Swimming Pool.
The Hotel provided a complimentary scheduled shuttle and van trips for free from the hotel going to d*mall – Boracay Station 2 and vice versa. Time schedule for trips should be followed or else you will be charged for a special trip. Thanks Megaworld for giving us this wonderful Staycation at your Luxurious Savoy Hotel – Boracay New Coast.