How to make Halo-Halo Recipe.
Best Halo-Halo Recipe. Halo-halo is the most popular refreshing dessert in Filipino Recipe. Halo-Halo is a great combination of sweetened preserves fruits, nata de coco, leche flan, ube ice cream, pinipig, evaporated milk and crushed ice. Filipinos love refreshment desserts. Whether it is on a summer time or just having an afternoon refreshing snack, the halo halo recipe is a sure way to bring the hotness down on its knees. In fact, during the summer days, a lot of households are selling halo-halo.
- Shaved ice /Crushed ice
- Sweetened red beans, bottled and drained
- Sweetened saba “plantain”, store bought
- Sweetened kamote “sweet potato”, store bought
- Sweetened langka “jackfruit”, bottled
- Sweetened kaong, bottled and drained
- Nata de coco, bottled and drained
- Macapuno strips or Jackfruit strips (optional)
- Ube flavoured Ice cream
- Leche flan, store bought
- Pinipig or rice crispies
- Evaporated Milk
- White Sugar, to taste
- Very easy to prepare just half-fill a tall glass with your choice of sweets. Fill with shaved ice/crushed ice. Top with ube ice cream, leche flan, macapuno or langka strips and sprinkled with pinipig or rice crispies. Serve with milk and add sugar if needed.
- To make the sweetened plantain and sweetened sweet potato : Slice ripe banana and simmer in water and brown sugar with 1:1:1 ratio until becomes syrupy. Same with the sweet potatoes cut into cubes and simmer in water and brown sugar with 1:1:1: ratio until becomes syrupy. Let it cool down and transfer in a separate bottle or plastic container and store in refrigerator. Try to make these in small batches just enough on what you need on the recipe.