Quick and Easy Stove-Top- Cake and Cupcakes.
A Soft and Moist MILO Cake with Whipped Cream Frosting, covered with Superstix & Cubee Wafers. This cake is very easy and fun to make, we don’t need an oven, all we need is a stove, a steamer & a good quality store bought cake mix. Prepare a box of Maya party cupcake mix, add some egg, oil, water and Milo powder, then mix and steam over the stove-top. In just a short period of time you will have a fluffy and moist Milo Cake to serve and enjoy.
Makes : 1 (2 layer 7-inch, mini-cake)
- 1 box (200g) Sharon Party Cupcake Mix
- 2 sachet (22g) MILO Powder
- 2 tbsp. Canola or vegtable Oil
- ½ cup Water or Milk
- 1 med Egg at room temperature
- ½ box (100g) Frosty Whip Cream Powder
- 1 sachet (22g) MILO Powder
- 1/3 cup Icy Cold Water
- 1½ tsp. Silver sprinkles
- 1 pack (25g) Nissin Cubee Wafer
- 21 pcs. Superstix or Stick-O, cut in half
You also Need:
- 1 (8-inch) Cake Board or a Serving Plate
- ½ yard Ribbon or a String
Check out Video Recipe:
- Preheat Stove-Top heavy-bottom Casserole or any similar cooking ware over medium heat for about 5 minutes. If using a heavy bottom casserole, put just enough salt to cover the entire bottom to avoid browning the pan and helps stabilize the heat evenly. Place fitted wire rack in the center and cover with a lid. The lid hole should be sealed with a foil so the heat can’t escape.
- Line 2 (7-inch) round pans with parchment paper. Mix all ingredients until smooth, at least 25 strokes or less, do not over mix according to package direction. Divide the batter into 2 pans and spread evenly.
- Cook the cake in a preheated casserole for about 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye of your cake coz’ we may have different kinds of stove and the heat varies. To check, insert wooden stick in the center and if comes out clean or a few moist crumbs, its done. Repeat process for the second batch. Fire off and let it cool completely on a wire rack, before frosting.
- Lets prepare our frosting: I’m using 100g of Frosty Whip Cream Powder that would be ¾cups FWCP and to that we are going to add 1 pack (22g) MILO Powder and 1/3 cup of super cold water. Moistened the cream powder first before whipping. When it’s fully whipped and aerated, you can add vanilla extract if you want (optional) and mix until well combined. Transfer in a piping bag with your favorite nozzle tip and we are ready to frost.
- Let’s assemble the cake, but first need an 8-inch cake board or a serving plate. Place the first layer in the center and spread 1/3 part of whipped cream evenly, spread evenly. Top with the 2nd layer and frost the top and sides of your cake, reserved whipped cream for swirl later on.
- Cover the sides with halves Superstix or Stick-O and arrange them neatly, to secure the wafer sticks, tie it with a ribbon. Pipe swirls on the top edge of your cake and decorate with Nissin Cubee Wafer and Sprinkles. Chill for at least an hour before serving for easy cutting. Serve and Enjoy!
Budget Friendly Party Ideas
This “Sharon” Party Cupcake Mix from Maya Brand is tested and proven and designed for home bakers who wanted to make cakes and cupcakes without an Oven. This cake mix is perfect for Oven-Toaster, Stove-Top & Steamer
Here’s Our Simple and Budget Friendly ingredients for our MILO Cake. If you don’t like Milo feel free to use, Ovaltine Powder, Dark or Milk Swiss Miss Chocolate Powder. I use Superstix Wafer instead of Stick-O coz’ it’s a bit cheaper but it’s up to you. A simple Nissin Cubee Wafer as toppings but if you have Choco Pretzels, Curly Tops or any similar chocolate available you can use it too.
I love this yellow cupcake mix because it’s cheaper, you can also make small portions of cakes and cupcakes and it’s versatile. You can make different flavors using real fruit juice, extracts, flavored fruit powdered. You can also frost with your favorite frosting such as, buttercream, meringue icing or whipped cream.
I hope you will try this quick and easy recipe, it is great for party ideas and home business. Thanks for visiting guys and have a nice day, see you on my next NO-BAKE Cake & Cupcake Cooking Series – #3c. 🙂
– oOo –
“ It’s Gotta Be MILO!”