Quick and Easy Stove-Top- No Bake MILO Cake and Cupcakes.
A fluffy and moist MILO Cupcake with Whipped Cream Frosting and Cubee Wafer. This cake is very easy and fun to make, we don’t need an oven, all we need is a stove, a steamer & a good quality store bought cake mix. Prepare a box of Maya party cupcake mix, add some egg, oil, water and MILO powder, then mix and steam over the stove-top. In just a short period of time you will have a fluffy and moist cupcakes to serve and enjoy.
Makes: 15 pcs (2oz.)
- 1 box (200g) Maya Party Cupcake Mix
- 2 sachet (22g) MILO Powder
- 2 tbsp. Canola or vegtable Oil
- ½ cup Water or Milk
- 1 med Egg at room temperature
- ½ box (100g) Frosty Whip Cream Powder
- 1 sachet (22g) MILO Powder
- 1/3 cup Icy Cold Water
- 1 tbsp. silver sprinkles
- 1 pack (25g) Nissin Cubee Wafer
You also Need:
- 15 pcs cupcake liners (2oz.)
- 15 pcs. cupcake toppers (optional)
Check out Video Recipe:
- Preheat Stove-Top heavy-bottom Casserole or any similar cooking ware over medium heat for about 5 minutes. If using a heavy bottom casserole, put just enough salt to cover the entire bottom to avoid browning the pan and helps stabilize the heat evenly. Place fitted wire rack in the center and cover with a lid. The lid hole should be sealed with a foil so the heat can’t escape.
- Line muffin tins / silicon molds with same size cupcake liners. Mix all ingredients until smooth, at least 25 strokes or less, do not over mix according to package direction. Fill each tins/molds up to 2/3’s full or divide the batter into 15 cupcake liners.
- Cook the cupcake in a preheated casserole for about 7-8 minutes. Keep an eye of your cupcakes coz’ we may have different kinds of stove and the heat varies. To check, insert wooden stick in the center and if comes out clean or a few moist crumbs, its done. Repeat process for the second batch. Fire off and let it cool completely on a wire rack, before frosting.
- Lets prepare our frosting: I’m using 100g of Frosty Whip Cream Powder that would be ¾cups FWCP and to that we are going to add 1 pack (22g) MILO Powder and 1/3 cup of super cold water. Moistened the cream powder first before whipping. When it’s fully whipped and aerated, you can add vanilla extract if you want and mix until well combined. Transfer in a piping bag with your favorite nozzle tip and we are ready to frost.
- Let’s frost our cupcake, just pipe a good amount of frosting on top of each ube cupcake. (Press, Swirl and Release) Top with sprinkles of your choice and a cupcake topper (this is great for kid’s party ideas), but this time I’m going to use a Nissin Cubee Wafer to level up our presentation.
Budget Friendly Party Ideas
This Party Cupcake Mix from Maya Brand is tested and proven and designed for home bakers who wanted to make cakes and cupcakes without an oven. This cake mix is perfect for Oven-Toaster, Stove-Top & Steamer.
I love this yellow cupcake mix because it’s cheaper, you can also make small portions of cakes and cupcakes and it’s versatile. You can make different flavors using real fruit juice, extracts, flavored fruit powdered. You can also frost with your favorite frosting such as, buttercream, meringue icing or whipped cream.
I’m using a 2oz. silver cupcake liners, I bought this for only P132.00 (120 liners), / a cute “Pony” cupcake topper for only P16.50 per dozen or you can also use a pack of Nissin Cubee Wafer for only 7.50 and a silver sprinkles and I forgot how much it cost. I remember those sprinkles are left over from my niece’s birthday cake that I made last year, thank God it’s not expire 🙂
I hope you will try this quick and easy recipe, it is great for party ideas and home business. Thanks for visiting guys and have a nice day, see you on my next NO-BAKE Cake & Cupcake Cooking Series – #3cc. 🙂
– oOo –
“ It’s Gotta Be MILO!”.