How to make a delicious homemade ice cream without an ice cream machine.
Rocky Road and Double Dutch Ice Cream – A creamy and mouth-watering homemade ice cream idea from Alaska Crema-Asada, this is a perfect ice cream base to use. With this 2-in-1 Alaska Crema-Asada you can make different ice cream flavors of your choice. It’s so easy and very affordable, all you need is a can of Alaska Crèma-Asada chilled overnight, then, whipped and you can add vanilla or add any fruits, a chopped nuts, chocolate chips, cookie crumble, marshmallows or anything your hearts desire. Place it in a tin can or plastic container with a lid and freeze until frozen. And there you have it a creamy homemade ice cream from Alaska. With this recipe you can make your own Flavor of the Month Ice Cream without spending too much.
Makes : 2 (6×2) Tin Cans
Ice Cream Base:
- 1 can (370ml) Alaska Crema-Asada, chilled overnight
- 2 tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1-1½ tbsp. peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1-1½ tbsp. mini-marshmallows
- 1-1½ tbsp. chocolate bits
Ice Cream Base:
- 1 can (370ml) Alaska Crea-Asada, chilled overnight
- 1 tbsp. peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. mini-marshmallows
- 1 tbsp. chocolate bits
- 2 tbsp. chocolate syrup
You Also Need:
- 2 (6×2) new or used Tin Cans (you can also use individual plastic cups with a lid)
Check out Video Recipe:
- To Make the Rocky Road Ice Cream: In a mixing bowl, whip chilled Alaska Crema-Asada with electric mixer until the mixture becomes thick syrup. (In this recipe we cannot achieve the thick and fluffy whipped cream consistency because the cream and condensed are already mixed. But don’t worry guys coz’ we’re going to put this in the freezer later on.) Add 2 tablespoons of sifted unsweetened cocoa powder and whip until fully combined. At this point you can add more cocoa powder if you want to achieve dark chocolate ice cream.
- Let’s Assemble our Rocky Road Ice Cream: In a tin can, pour half of chocolate cream mixture in a can and sprinkle half part of your toppings. Pour the remaining chocolate cream mixture on top and again sprinkle with the remaining toppings. Cover tin can with a lid, freeze overnight or until frozen and serve.
- To Make the Double Dutch Ice Cream: In a mixing bowl, whip chilled Alaska Crema-Asada with electric mixer until the mixture becomes thick syrup. Again, don’t expect a thick and fluffy whipped cream consistency because it’s a “2-in-1”, the cream and condensed are already mixed. Don’t worry guys, as long as your freezer works, everything is under control… LOL
- Let’s Assemble our Double Dutch Ice Cream: In a tin can, pour half of the cream mixture in a can, add a swirl of chocolate syrup and sprinkle half part of your toppings. Pour the remaining chocolate cream mixture on top, swirl some chocolate syrup and again sprinkle with the remaining toppings. Cover tin can with a lid, freeze overnight or until frozen and serve.
Good News to all Ice Cream Lovers, we have a quick and easy homemade ice cream recipe for you guys. Using only a few ingredients, especially the New Alaska Crema-Asada. It’s a 2-in-1 Sweetened Thick Creamer. Very affordable, a big can of Crema-Asada is only Php 46.00 and perfect for any desserts, like graham float, fruit salads and much more. I really recommend this recipe, I hope you will give this a try. “Promise, wala pa rin tatalo sa Alaska”.. LOL It’s a super budget friendly and you can make any ice cream flavor of your choice at any time of the day. All you have to do is to CHILL, WHIP, add flavor and FREEZE!
For sure, I will be making a series of homemade ice cream recipe using Alaska Crema-Asada. I’m always excited and happy making any desserts, using a few and simple ingredients. A simple cake base or a cream base that can create an endless possibilities of flavors to enjoy. You can use extracts or fruits in season like sweet mangoes or fruit cocktail. You can add any kind of nuts, preferably the unsalted ones, it gives crunch and add texture to your ice cream. (Though, I’m allergic to nuts, but I never run out of those coz’ my husband can’t live without assorted nuts, especially cashews.) Any leftover cookies or fudge are also perfect in making homemade ice cream, it gives another layer of gooey texture. And of course the soft and fluffy marshmallows and chocolate, lot’s & lot’s of chocolates!
Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! Jingle all the Way!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! Before this year ends, I would like to say Thank you to all of you who always find time to visit and check on my new post. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it. Thanks for being understanding with regards to my writings and grammar 🙂 To have y’all and to feel your support, helps me grow and keep me inspired to continue what I love doing. As an introvert, life is different and not easy in short, there’s a lot of awkward moments in real life ha ha… But I’m so grateful for this blog, that I may be able to express myself freely. This is the only way and outlet, I can share my learning and skills with you guys. To all our sponsors for the past year until now, thank you for believing and trusting your products with us. We are grateful for the blessings and support you have shared. Once again, Thank You Very Much! May We all have a Blessed and Prosperous New Year!!
– oOo –
CHILL, WHIP and FREEZE (24 hours later…) I Scream, “ICE CREAM” :p