How to make a delicious Yema Cake Frosting Recipe.
Yema Cake Frosting Recipe. Special Yema Frosting that can be used in Sponge and Chiffon Cake, Cupcakes, Cake Rolls, Mamon and etcetera. As promised, here’s my second version of Yema Frosting with grated cheese. This beautiful Yema Frosting is very rich, creamy and super addicting, it’s very easy to make and the ingredients are so simple. To make this frosting all you need is an extra time, about 40-45 minutes, much faster than making dulce de leche, it takes 3 hours to boil the whole can of milk before you can frost any cake.
Makes 2½ cups
Yema Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 can (400ml) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup (125ml) evaporated milk
- 6 large egg yolks
- ¼ tsp vanilla or lemon essence
- Grated cheese for toppings
- In a stainless steel or heatproof bowl, combine first three ingredients. Heat the milk mixture to the bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water for about 40-45 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick and spreadable. Turn off the heat if you reach your desired thickness and your desired color. Add the vanilla or lemon essence and stir until well combine.
- Let it cool down, remember as it cools down the mixture thickens a little bit more. Cover the yema frosting with plastic wrap, making sure there’s no air in between to avoid scorching or having skin on top. Let it cool completely before frosting, place in a clean sealed container and refrigerate.
Here’s the basic ingredients of Yema Frosting, Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk, Full Cream Evaporated Milk, Fresh Egg Yolks, Vanilla or Lemon Extract and don’t forget the Cake and grated Cheese for topping.