How to make Dinner Roll Recipe.
Dinner Roll Recipe. Dinner Rolls are also known as bread rolls, usually taken as a side dish and make great sandwiches, as well. A tasty popular bread yet so simple and easy to make. Even beginners can cook these delicious, buttery, soft, dense and slightly sweet recipe. It is also one of the best selling breads here in the Philippines, from both well known bakeries such as Godilocks, Olsen’s, D’Bakers and even in small panaderias here in Bacolod.
Dinner Roll Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 1/3 c. + 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. warm milk
- 1/3 c. butter flavored Crisco
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 5-6 c. flour
- Dissolve instant yeast and 1 tbsp. sugar in 1/2 cup warm milk in a small bowl, stir and let stand for a couple minutes. In a mixing bowl combine 3 cups flour, add remaining sugar, salt, shortening, eggs, milk and the yeast mixture. Mix all together with a dough hook or mix it manually by hand.
- Add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until the dough lightly sticks to the bottom of the bowl, or until you can handle it well. Knead by hand for about a 4 minutes to be sure that all ingredients are incorporated and the gluten has developed. Place the dough in a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let the dough rise until it doubles in size for about 1½ hours. Punch down the dough and transfer on a clean flat surface dusted with flour, flatten it with rolling pin and form into a rectangle or square. Using a pizza cutter or knife cut into small even squares (yields vary on desired sizes).
- Pinch each ends of the dough lightly towards the bottom, again and again until you have a smooth top and twist the ends to seal the dough. Arrange it on a greased and floured baking sheet. Let the dough rise for another ½ hour and brush the top with milk. Bake at 325F for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown. Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
As you bake these, you will smell the aroma of the butter and definitely you will love it. These bread is good and tasty as it is, you won’t be able to stop eating! Best serve warm with hot coffee or with an icy cold soft drink and jazz up with fruit jam and enjoy!