How to cook Squash Leche Flan Recipe.
Kalabasa Leche Flan is a delicious simple dessert and very easy to make, a classic custard with healthy vegetable twist recipe. Leche Flan is a Filipino delicious custard dessert. It’s made from eggs, sugar, condensed, fresh milk, vanilla and cooked squash. Steamed over an open flame or stove top, with caramel syrup shimmering on top. A best sweet treats for any occasions, especially at Kids party and a popular pasalubong treat too.
Kalabasa Flan Ingredients:
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Kalabasa “squash”, boiled and mashed
- 1 can (218 g) condensed milk
- 1 box (250ml) fresh milk or evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. water
Kalabasa Flan Procedure:
- Prepare steamer with a litre of water on a medium heat and cover with lid. Prepare a couple Llanera’s or any deep tins, then divide sugar and water on both tins. Heat Llanera on a low fire one at a time until sugar starts to melt, dissolved and syrupy. Turn off the heat when the caramel syrup turns light brown. Tilt the tin around to coat all sides and continue with the other Llanera and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl combine egg yolks, eggs, mashed kalabasa and whisk. Add condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla extract and continue to whisking until combined. Use a strainer and a ladle to transfer kalabasa mixture into the tins to get rid of lumpy bits.
- Steam for about 30 minutes with a cloth under the lid, to catch water drippings and avoid flan from soggy. Check with a toothpick if it comes out clean your done. Fire off, transfer on a wire rack and let it cool for 10 minutes. Refrigerate for 20 minutes before transferring to a plate and loose edges with a knife for easy transfer to avoid flan from breaking.
Serve and enjoy your homemade delicious leche flan dessert.
Kids loved sweets and I do too… A yummy treat for Linggo ng Wika