How to make a delicious Gulaman | Jelly Desserts
A mouth-watering Cathedral Window Jelly Recipe. This dessert is always present during the Christmas season, one of Pinoy’s favorites. This jelly dessert is made with at least 2 or more fruity & tangy jelly molded in cream and milk base jelly. We only need a few and affordable ingredients, to make this delicious and stunning dessert. In this recipe I use Mr. Gulaman Powder Jelly, Tang Powder Juice and Alaska Crema-Asada. To make this dessert, all you have to do is dissolve powder gulaman in water, infused with fruit juice, then bring to a boil, pour into a mold and let is set. Chill, Serve & Enjoy!
Makes: 10 medium Llanera’s / Plastic Containers
- 1 (25g) Mr. Gulaman, unflavored – Red
- 1 (25g) Tang Powder, Pomelo flavor ( you can also use Strawberry or Apple)
- 4 cups Water
- 1 (25g) Mr. Gulaman, Buko Pandan
- ¾ cup Sugar (adjust according to taste)
- 4 cups Water
- 2 (25g) Mr. Gulaman, unflavored – White
- 1 (25g) Tang Powder, Pineapple flavor
- 6 cups Water
- 2 (370ml) Alaska Crema-Asada (Nestle Cream & Condensed Milk)
You also Need:
- 10 pcs. medium pastry/plastic containers (for Business)
Check out Video Recipe:
- How to Cook Red Gulaman : In a deep saucepan or casserole put 4 cups of tap water. Add 1 sachet unflavored red gulaman powder gradually and stir until dissolved. Add 1 sachet Pomelo powder and whisk to dissolve. Heat the gulaman mixture while stirring constantly and wait until it boils, fire off. Slowly pour hot gulaman mixture into a glass or heat proof container and let is cool to set.
- How to Cook Green Gulaman : In a deep saucepan or casserole put 4 cups of tap water. Add 1 sachet Panda flavored green gulaman powder gradually and stir until dissolved. Add ¾-1 cup of white sugar and whisk to dissolve. Heat the pandan mixture while stirring constantly and wait until it boils, fire off. Slowly pour hot pandan mixture into a glass or heat proof container and let is cool to set.
- Important Tips: Red and Green Gulaman should be set, cut into cubes and ready to use. Please do not cook the white gulaman if the colored ones are not yet ready. And before you cook the White Gulaman, make sure all your molds, Llanera’s and plastic containers are also ready. A cream-milk base gulaman sets quicker than the plain water based gulaman.
- Now It’s time to cook our White “Cream & Milk” Gulaman. In case your Cream mixture is getting cool and start settling, don’t freak out! cos’ I just did… haha If my camera captured my reaction, I’m sure you will laugh hard at me… LOL There’s a quote “Keep Calm” no one is looking 😀 … Just Reheat the mixture over low fire and continue stirring until it returns to a thin syrup consistency again. Problem Solved!
- How to Cook White Gulaman : In a deep saucepan or casserole put 6 cups of tap water. Add 2 sachet unflavored white gulaman powder gradually and stir until dissolved. Add 1 sachet Pineapple powder and whisk to dissolve. Heat the gulaman mixture while stirring constantly and wait until it boils, fire off. In a large mixing bowl, pour 2 cans of Alaska crema-Asada and slowly pour gulaman mixture into your cream and mix until well blended.
- Lets Assemble our Cathedral Window : If using a mold, put sliced jelly at the bottom and pour a cream mixture, add another layer of sliced jelly and pour another cream mixture until the mold is full. Do the same process with your Jars, Llanera’s or Containers. Chill, Serve and Enjoy!
Our Cathedral Window Jelly Ingredients :
This is my first time to use Mr. Gulaman, this powder jelly is also made from seaweed extract, but has a strong, unpleasant odor to it than the one I’ve been using. Mr. Gulaman comes in different unflavored & colored sachets, a fruit flavored sachet and etc. So I decided to infuse the gulaman powder with my trusted Tang powder juice mix. Tang has a great taste of real fruit extracts and smells really good. It gives the jelly a burst of fruity & citrus goodness in every bite. (advertisement, dating ah!!… LOL) And I also like the ratio of 1 liter of water, to 1 sachet of Mr. Gulaman & 1 litro pack of Tang.
You can also use the flavored Mr. gulaman it is much cheaper, just add sugar. But there’ one thing I don’t like with this gulaman, the color bleeds and stained the other Jelly if you keep them together, why oh why?? Idk if you had an experience like this, but I hope not. And lastly, I tried Alaska New 2-in-1 Crema-Asada, instead of using my regular Nestle All-Purpose Cream and Condensed Milk. My goal is to make an affordable dessert yet not compromising the taste. Alaska Crema-Asada is really good, try nyo guys! “Masarap sya and Creamier, perfect not too sweet. The other brand kasi na 2-in-1, medyo buttery and super sweet, bagay naman yun I think sa cream cheese recipes.
You can customize your packaging if you’re planning to do some home/online business or as a give away. I used a 3-tone color to capture the holiday season. The original Cathedral Windows Jelly Dessert is much more colorful than this, I wanted to look like a Christmas Jelly Dessert 🙂
What can I say about this recipe, aside from looks stunning, it’s yummy and affordable. The yield of a single recipe is really good for a business. (Maliit lang ang puhunan nito, pero makakagawa ka na ng marami, dahil dun mura ang cost per piece nito at tiyak malaki ang kikitain dito.) I hope you will try and like our Cathedral Window Jelly Dessert.
Thanks for visiting guys, I’m happy to share this recipe with you, see you on my next blog post. Have a nice day and God Bless Us All!
– oOo –
You can only have more for yourself by giving it away to others. – Brian Tracy