How to make a beautiful and fancy mini-heart cakes for Valentine’s Day.
Easy Valentines Strawberry Cake Recipe. I will show you how to make a simple and super easy mini-heart strawberry cake. All we need is freshly baked strawberry sponge cake or vanilla chiffon cake iced with strawberry flavored whipped cream frosting and top with lots of two-toned sprinkles. Treat your Loved ones, BFF, Friends. Teachers or Boss this coming February 14 with this easy Valentine’s Day Cake.
Makes: 1 Heart-Shaped Cake (4.5×4.5)
- 1 box (200g) Maya Party Cupcake Mix
- 2 tbsp. Canola Oil or Melted Butter
- ½ cup Water or Milk
- 1 medium Egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp. Strawberry extract
- ½ cup Frosty Whip Cream Powder
- 1/4 cup Icy Cold Water
- 1 tsp. Strawberry extract or 1-2 tbsp. Strawberry syrup
- 1 tbsp. Sprinkles (color of your choice)
- 12-16 pcs. Heart Pink Sprinkles
You Also Need:
- 1 (6-inch) cake board
- 1 box (5.5×5.5×4) PreFormed White Box (optional for business idea only)
Check out Video Recipe:
- Let’s prepare our Strawberry Cake: Preheat Stove-Top heavy-bottom deep pan or any similar cooking ware over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Just add enough salt to cover the entire bottom of your pan to help stabilize the heat evenly. Place fitted wire rack in the center and cover with a lid. The lid hole should be sealed with a foil so the heat can’t escape.
- Line 6-inch round pan with parchment paper. Mix all ingredients until smooth, at least 25 strokes or less, do not over mix according to package direction. (I over mix my batter, I should have sifted it before mixing :p ). Pour the batter into the baking pan and lightly bang on the table a couple times, to get rid air bubbles.
- Cook the cake in a preheated casserole for about 25-28 minutes. Keep an eye on your cake coz’ we may have different kinds of stove and the heat varies. To check, insert wooden stick in the center and if comes out clean or a few moist crumbs, it’s done. Fire off, let it cool completely on a wire rack, before frosting.
- Let’s prepare our Whipped Cream Frosting: I’m using ½ cup of Frosty Whip Cream Powder and to that we are going to add a 1/4 cup of super cold water. Moistened the cream powder first before whipping. When it’s fully whipped and aerated, you can add strawberry extract or strawberry syrup and mix until well combined. Transfer in a piping bag with your favorite nozzle tip and we are ready to frost.
- Let’s Assemble & Frost our Cake: Since, we’re going to make a Valentine’s Day Cake, of course we want a heart-shaped cake. So, I’m going to use my heart-shaped cutter, actually it’s not a cookie cutter, I think it’s a mousse ring, I forgot what it is or a bottomless cake pan?? LOL Cut the cake in the center, from the top to bottom. Trim off, the bottom and divide the cake in half. In a cake board, put a little whipped cream in the center, this will help your cake stay in place. Arrange the cake in the center of your cake board and mousse ring. Put ¼ of whipped cream and top with the remaining cake. Adjust the mousse ring if needed. Add another ¼ part of whipped cream frosting on the top and spread it evenly. Take off the mouse ring and chill your cake for at least 30 minutes. Frost the sides of your cake and pipe some swirls on top. Decorate with sprinkles of your choice and refrigerate. Serve and Enjoy!
Here’s Our Simple Ingredients: A box of Sharon Party Cupcake Mix from Maya, Egg, Oil, Water, Strawberry Extract. If you have a good sponge or chiffon cake recipe that would be perfect cake base. You can substitute milk for water and a melted butter for oil, if you want a super moist and buttery cake. Any brand of strawberry extract will do.
I’m using a 6-inch Nonstick Springform Round Pan, you can use any similar pan. Make sure that your baking pan will fit in your Stove-top Casserole or Steamer. This is the smallest round pan, I have at the moment and it’s perfectly fit for this recipe. You can also use 6x6x2 square baking pan, just be resourceful of what you have.
Here’s our Whipped Cream Frosting Ingredients: Of course, our trusted Frosty Whip Cream Powder. A box of Frosty Whip is (200g = 1½ cups) all we need is ½ cup of Frosty Whip. Cold water, Strawberry Extract and a tiny dots and heart Spinkle. I’m using a strawberry syrup in this recipe coz’ it’s nearly overdue this coming March and I have to use it before it expires 😛
A perfect packaging idea for mini-Valentines Cake: I’m using a 5½-inch silver cake board, I got these from Chefs and Bakers at P5.75 each. And a PreFormed White Box (5.5 x 5.5 x 4) for only P78.00 (5’s/pack). I also bought 1 Heart-Shaped Mousse Ring small for only P196.00. The mousse ring is heavy, good quality and durable, I can also use this as a cake cutter.
There you have it! A delicious, beautiful and fancy looking Valentine’s Day Cake, a perfect treat for your loved ones and friends. We all know that aside from pretty bouquets of Roses and Chocolates, Mini-Cakes are great Valentines gift nowadays. It’s way cheaper than a bouquet of roses and a teddy bear, do you agree?? If there’s an opposition don’t hold your breath, let me know what’s on your mind in the comment section below… LOL And I’m sure that this Valentines Cake with a single Rose and a handwritten Appreciation or Love Letter will surely melt their hearts. (And speaking of handwritten letters, why most of us like to lick the envelope to seal?? Is it called a personal touch? and why would they normally say it is “Sealed with a Kiss when it’s sealed with a saliva after all??… ha ha
And this is a just one of our simple recipe that will inspire you to create and design your own cake. It’s a hassle free and a time saver for me, that’s why I always love to use a cake mix. But of course, you can make your cake from scratch. I hope this recipe could be a perfect idea for your home/online business this coming February 14. Be inspired, keep on creating with new flavors and designs. Don’t forget to enjoy while baking and of course, I hope you will not just Learn but Earn from it! Thanks for visiting guys and have a nice day, see you on my next post, definitely another Valentines Day Cake recipe 🙂
– oOo –
“A little progress each day, adds up to a big result.”