How to make Sweet Corn Ice Candy.
A Soft and Creamy Ice Candy Recipe. This simple ice candy is made with sweet corn kernels, evaporated milk, water, sugar and vanilla extract. We added a cornstarch solution to make our ice candy super soft and creamy. You can also use a fresh sweet corn and full cream milk to make it even richer and creamier. This ice candy recipe is a super budget friendly and a perfect idea for home business this summer.
Makes : 20
- 3½ cups water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1¼ cup sugar (adjust if needed)
- ½ can (425g) Jolly sweet corn kernels with syrup
- 1 can (370ml) Carnation evaporated milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
You also Need:
- A Funnel & a Ladle
- 20-30 pieces Ice Candy Wrapper
Watch How to make Sweet Corn Ice Candy:
- In a saucepan, combine water and 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and stir until dissolved. Heat the mixture on medium heat until it starts to boil and turn to low and simmer for about 5 minutes just until it thickens like syrup. (Adding cornstarch is a method to make the ice becomes smooth and soft).
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl, add sugar and stir until sugar are fully dissolved. Let it cool down a little bit before adding the remaining ingredients. Meanwhile, In a blender, process your sweet corn, you can just pulse or puree it’s up to you. Add in sweet corn, evaporated milk, vanilla extract and stir thoroughly until well blended. Taste test your mixture and add sugar if needed.
- Using a funnel and a ladle, pour the mixture into each ice candy wrapper about 5 inches high. If you don’t have a funnel you can use a pitcher. Fill, twist and knot the top tightly to avoid leakage. Repeat procedure until you’re done with your sweet corn mixture. Using a scissor you can trim the wrapper, leaving at least an inch from the knot. Arrange Ice Candy in the freezer and freeze until frozen. Serve these rich and creamy, sweet corn ice candies anytime and enjoy!
Here’s our Ingredients: Puree sweet corn kernels in syrup, evaporated milk, refined sugar, vanilla extract, water and a little corn starch.
Ladies & Gentlemen, our Sweet Corn Ice Candy are officially FROZEN!! (In Hiligaynon “Nag tig-a gid man” nyahaha…) This is the moment I’ve been waiting for…. hmm so sweet, creamy and corny 😛