How to make Angel Food Cupcake Recipe.
Angel Food Cupcake Recipe. The Angel Food Cupcake Dessert is a very light and airy white sponge cake that is made of flour, sugar and egg whites. There is a wide range of Angel Food Cupcakes Recipe to make. Lemon-scented angel food cupcakes and angel food strawberry cupcakes are just a few. Each has a distinct flavor that your kids will surely love. Besides, these cupcakes are luscious and are easy to make.
Angel Food Cupcake Ingredients:
- 8 medium egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup caster sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla or orange extract
- 3/4 cup cake flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Use ungreased muffin pan or a non-stick muffin pan. In a bowl sift together cake flour and a half cup of caster sugar. In another bowl, beat egg whites until foamy, then add in cream of tartar and salt. And gradually add in the remaining half cup of caster sugar while the mixer is on high speed. Continue beating until you reach soft peaks then blend in vanilla or orange extract.
- Fold in flour mixture, adding in three additions, and fold in grated dark chocolate if using one until incorporated, do not over beat or the batter will deflate. Pour mixture into prepared muffin pans, filling them all the way to the top. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the top turns golden brown and the cake spring back when lightly touched.