How to make Avocado Ice Candy Recipe.
A Milky and Creamy Avocado Ice Candy Recipe. This ice candy is made with fresh Avocado, sweetened condensed milk, fresh milk, powdered milk, water, sugar and vanilla extract. And to make it extra smooth, we added a cornstarch solution. Combining 3 kinds of milk in this recipe makes the ice candy super creamy and milky.
Summer time is not over yet and I’m happy that Avocado is in season once again. What makes me excited is that luckily my parents grew an Avocado Tree and its bearing so much fruit and it’s sharing time again, Yahoo!. Paps visited me a week ago and brought me some freshly picked Avocados, Santol and Calamansi. I tried my very best to look surprised with what He gave me, but honestly “I’m expecting it”… LOL, because he’s been doing this every year and I’m thankful for my parents and for this blessing. Thank You Lord!
And today, my Avocado is getting ripe, as I can see the green shiny skin already turns into a dark reddish-maroon. Although, when I sliced it, it’s not fully ripe yet, I’m still going to make ice candy today. Actually, you’ll know when the avocado is fully ripe, because it only needs a gentle pressure to squeeze the seed and flesh out from the skin.
Ripe or not, Texas here I go! I’m gonna fill you, twist you, tie you and freeze you… LOL
Makes : 20
- 3-4 small ripe avocados, scraped or mashed
- 3½ cups water
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup refined sugar (or adjust according to your taste)
- ½ cup powdered milk
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1-2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
You also Need:
- A Funnel & a Ladle
- 20-25 piecs Ice Candy Wrapper (I use “Texas” a narrow plastic bag)
Watch How to make Avocado Ice Candy:
- In a saucepan, combine water and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and stir until dissolved. Heat the mixture on medium heat until it starts to boil and turn to low and simmer for about 3-5 minutes just until it thickens like syrup. (Adding cornstarch is a method to make the ice becomes smooth and soft).
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl, with powdered milk and sugar. Stir gently and continuously until fully dissolves. Let it cool down a little bit before adding the remaining ingredients. Add in sweetened condensed milk, fresh milk and vanilla extract if desired. Stir thoroughly until well blended and add scraped or mashed avocado and mix well. Taste test your avocado mixture and add more sugar if needed.
- Using a funnel and a ladle pour the mixture into each ice candy wrapper about 3-4 inches high. If you don’t have a funnel you can use a pitcher. Fill, twist and knot the top tightly to avoid leakage. Repeat procedure until you’re done with your avocado mixture. Using a scissor you can trim the wrapper, leaving at least an inch from the knot. Arrange Avocado Ice Candy in the freezer and freeze until frozen. Serve these delicious and creamy avocado ice candies anytime and enjoy!
Look at that gorgeous looking ice candy. I can’t wait to try this, but first I need to freeze them 🙂
This is a high calcium ice candy recipe that can be enjoyed all day with your little ones.