Bibingka na Malagkit Recipe,
How to make Bibingka na Malagkit Recipe.
Bibingka na Malagkit Recipe. Bibingka na Malagkit Recipe is a traditional Filipino kakanin. A very sticky version of bibingka galapong made of 100% glutinous rice flour with a soft, gooey and very sticky texture almost like puto tikoy. This recipe is usually made out of glutinous rice flour, coconut milk, condensed milk, water, coconut strips, sugar, salt and served with margarine and cheese. It is then baked until cheese topping becomes golden brown.
Bibingka na Malagkit Ingredients:
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut cream or coconut milk “gata”
- 1/2 cup young coconut, strips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated for topping
- Softened butter or margarine, for brushing
- banana leaves, wilted and cut into the size of a pie plate
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Mix all ingredients except for the butter or margarine and grated cheese and mix until well blended. Place and arrange banana leaves on a pie plate and brush the leaves lightly with margarine or butter.
- Pour the batter mixture into the pie plate on top with greased banana leaves. Bake for about 35-40 minutes and take off from the oven.
- Brush the top with butter or margarine and sprinkle a generous amount of grated cheese. Put back in the oven and bake for another 7-10 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown. Fire off, serve warm and enjoy.