How to make Bread Pudding Recipe.
Bread Pudding Recipe. A Filipino classic and timeless bread pudding recipe. This only shows that even leftover breads can be turned into something delicious and so easy to make. Bread Pudding becomes a big hit in bakeries and even baker Moms at home. The best thing about this pudding recipe is that you create different flavors, and add any nuts or dried fruits if you want.
Bread Pudding Ingredients:
- 6 cups diced bread
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 medium eggs @ room temp.
- 1¼ cups refine sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2½ cups Alpine Evaporated Milk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- Prepare ungreased rectangular 12x8x2 pan. Slice loaf bread into small cubes or leftover bread if using one and measure about 6 heaping cups. Place the bread in a prepared pan, then add the raisins and nuts. Mix and scattered from side to side evenly on the pan and set aside. In a saucepan heat the butter on a low heat until light brown and let it cool.
- In a meanwhile, Combine the eggs, sugar and salt in a large bowl and whisk until sugar dissolves. Pour in evaporated milk and vanilla or almond extract in the egg mixture and whisk well to combine. Add in the melted butter and whisk well to incorporate.
- Lastly, pour the egg mixture in the pan of bread and raisin and let is soak for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven at 350F for about 15 minutes. With a spoon or spatula lightly press down the bread mixture evenly at the bottom of the pan. Bake bread pudding for about 35 minutes, until golden brown, firm and a bit moist. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a rack completely.
A delicious and affordable “pack and go” recipe to prepare, especially on family outings.