How to cook Puto Lanson Recipe.
Puto Lanson Recipe. Puto Lanson is one of Ilonggo’s best kakanin and afternoon snacks. It is made from fresh cassava and also called as “kamoteng kahoy”, added with young coconut and brown sugar. This easy recipe is cook through steaming the cassava mixture in a short period of time.
Puto Lanson Ingredients:
- 2 cups fresh grated cassava
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup grated young coconut or macapuno
- margarine or butter, to serve (optional)
Puto Lanson Procedure:
- Peel, wash and grate the cassava, once finished then squeeze out the juice using cheese cloth.
- If using a frozen cassava, just thawed for 20 minutes before using.
- Mix the grated cassava with brown sugar and add grated young coconut or macapuno and mix well.
- Stuff them in your tin molds, any molds will do and steam in a preheated steamer.
- Steam for about 15 to 25 minutes with a clean cloth cover under the lid to capture the drippings, to avoid puto lanson from being soggy.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Top with butter or margarine then serve.
Fresh grated cassava makes your Puto Lanson delicious and moist.
Puto Lanson is best eaten when still warm and you can top with margarine or butter if you like.