How to prepare Broken Glass Dessert Recipe.
Broken Glass Dessert Recipe A delicious gelatin dessert, with a great combinations of tangy, sweet flavour, creamy and silky texture is superb. An extraordinary kind of dessert that everybody’s look forward to eat whenever there’s a special occasions. An all year round dessert that looks great on the Christmas table with the right colors. Kids will love the wiggly texture of this dessert.
Broken Glass Dessert Ingredients:
- 8 envelopes Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- 2 tbsp. grape juice powder
- 2 tbsp. orange juice powder
- 1 tbsp. strawberry extract
- 1 tbsp. pandan extract
- 2 tbsp. white sugar
- 6 cups water
- Agar Gelatin, 7 tbsp
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup nestle cream
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup, white sugar
- 1 tsp Kalamansi juice
- Dissolve 2 envelopes of Knox Gelatin Powder in 1 1/2 cups of water, then add 2 tbsp. of grape juice powder and 1 tsp. of sugar then stir until dissolves. Pour into a sauce pan and bring to boil. Pour in a separate container, let it cool. Repeat procedure for the remaining 3 flavours such as orange, strawberry and pandan.
- Pour on separate containers. Chill flavored gelatin to set preferably overnight. When the flavored Gelatin is set cut into small cubes then combine all the colored Gelatin in a big bowl, toss together all the cubes and refrigerate to set.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, kalamansi and sugar until they appear lemon yellow in color. In another bowl, dissolve 7 tbsp. of agar powder in 1/2 cup water. Add this into the egg yolk mixture while continuously beating with the whisk. When well blended, pour into a sauce pan and cook over low flame let stand for at least 5 minutes until it thickens and coats the spoon.
- Set aside and let it cool slightly. Beat the whipping cream and evaporated milk. Pour the heated gelatin-egg mixture (while still hot) into the whipping cream and continue beating. Cool before using.
- Pour a small amount of the gelatin on a silicon mould enough to cover the bottom. Randomly drop the cubed flavoured gelatin on the bottom of the mould dish so as to create a multicolored design on the finished product. Pour the base gelatin on the dish to cover the flavored gelatin. Chill gelatin to set. To serve invert the broken glass onto a plate. Slice and serve!
Look at those beautiful flavored gelatin cubes… don’t look away when kids are around or else you’re in trouble, you’ll end up making it again hehe…
Pouring the cream base mixture on the silicone mold to cover the flavored gelatin cubes. Refrigerate until completely set and wait until you unmold the mixture of your gelatin to reveal your beautiful work of art dessert “broken glass dessert” which is also known as “Window Cathedral Dessert”.