How to make Mamon Recipe.
Mamon Recipe. Mamon is a very popular Filipino cake dessert, also known as “sponge cake”. A buttery, soft and moist cake baked in small tins and moulds. An all time favourite merienda, from plain mamon, to butter mamon and special mamon with cheese, what a tasty treat to enjoy.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 eggs, yolk separated
- 1 tsp. cream tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp. orange or lemon extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease prepared tin moulds or 2 round pans with oil and set aside. Separate egg yolks from whites and set aside. In another bowl sieve cake flour and baking powder together, mix well and set aside. Combine egg whites and cream of tartar then beat on a medium speed until fluffy. Turn to high speed and gradually add sugar until becomes smooth for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add orange extract in the egg yolks then beat lightly and pour in the meringue mixture. Mix for a minute or two then add the canola oil and continue mixing for a few seconds. Lastly add in sifted flour mixture to the batter and mix well until smooth.
- Then scoop the mixture into the mould and continue doing this process until all the mixture is used-up. If using 2 round pans, divide batter into two evenly. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes for the small tins and 20-25 minutes on bigger pans or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool completely.