How to make a simple and easy Potato Salad.
A Classic Potato Salad Recipe that I got from Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise. This simple potato salad is delicious, creamy and a hearty salad. This salad is made with boiled potatoes, carrots, pineapple, ham and coat in a mustard-mayo dressing that complements well with the potatoes. A simple and delicious salad to prepare this coming Holiday season that will satisfy your family and guest. This Potato Salad can be eaten and delicious on its own. You can also add some lettuce if you like, but mostly in restaurants they serve potato salad as a side dish for their Back Ribs, Steaks and other grilled meats. Potato Salad is a versatile dish, it can be serve as an appetizer, side dish and a meryenda to satisfy your hungry tummy.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 5-6 cups)
- ½ cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup cooked Ham, diced
- 1-2 tbsp. scallions, minced
- 1½ cups mayonnaise (I used Lite Mayo from Lady’s Choice)
- 1-2 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
Lettuce, to serve (optional)
- In a deep pot, boil cubed potatoes in salted water for about 5 minutes and add diced carrots and simmer until tender and almost cooked through don’t over cooked your potatoes. Drain and let it cool completely or you can chill it in the fridge for about 10 minutes. Add pineapple chunks, diced ham and scallions into your potatoes and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl we’re going to mix our dressing. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, honey, paprika and season with salt and white pepper and mix until well blended. Taste test your seasoning according to your taste before adding into your potato salad. Add the mustard-mayo dressing gradually to your salad and mix them to coat evenly or you can add them all at once if you want a heavy dressing.
- A simple tips for you guys, when you mix the dressing into the salad and it calls for a little salt, you can add more but if you have some parmesan cheese go for it, like what I did and it turns out great. Mix your potato salad until blended and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve chilled with fresh lettuce if you like and enjoy your potato salad.