How to make yummy Candy Treats perfect for Party and Business ideas.
Pastimallows – is a popular sweet and creamy milk candy here in the Philippines. It is stuffed with fluffy marshmallow covered in pastillas and rolled in sugar. To prepare this, we only need a few ingredients such as; powdered milk, sweetened condensed milk, butter, marshmallows, and sugar. A delicious and high-calcium mini-bite size snacks, perfect for kiddos.
I went to our local market to buy some powdered milk for my pastillas. The store owner asks me which powdered milk I want to buy, Skimmed Milk or the Fortified?!. So I ask Him, which is better, He said: Skimmed Milk is perfect for pastillas and polvoron, especially if you’re planning for a business. So, I bought ½ kilo(500g) that’s equivalent to 3½ cups of Skimmed Milk for only P80.00. Fortified Milk like Bear Brand and Alaska Milk Powder are expensive, and it’s P100.00 for only 300g-320g a pack, big difference right? But for my whipped cream frosting, jelly desserts, and other cake recipes, I still prefer to use Bear Brand. And now that we have the perfect milk I needed for this recipe, let’s start …
Makes 40- 42 pieces
- 3½ cups Skimmed Milk
- 1 (300ml) Mango Flavored Condensed Milk
- 2-3 tbsp. Butter, softened (optional)
Filling & Coating:
- 1 (283g) Large Marshmallows
- ½ cup Refined Sugar, for coating
You also Need:
- 40-42 pcs Paper Liners (1oz.)
- 5 pcs. med. Clear View Pastry Container
Check out Video Recipe:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine skimmed milk or powdered milk and add condensed milk gradually. Mix until your powdered milk is moistened and knead pastillas mixture until you achieve a thick dough consistency.
- Add softened butter and mix until well blended, but this is optional. The butter adds flavor and also helps pastillas dough from sticking when rolling or forming into a ball.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of pastillas mixture, roll between palms to make a ball and flatten. Place marshmallows in the center and carefully wrap with pastillas mixture. Roll each pastimallows in refined sugar and shake off excess sugar.
- Place Pastimallows in (1oz.) paper liners and arrange in a plastic container. Pastimallows will last for a day at room temperature and will last longer for 3-4 days in the fridge.
Here’s Our Simple Ingredients: Skimmed Milk or Powdered Milk, Mango Flavored Sweetened Condensed Milk or Plain Condensed Milk, Butter, Large White Marshmallows and Refined Sugar. You can also use colored, flavored, medium or large size marshmallows.
Our Mango Pastillas Mixture is ready; you can make this into tiny balls and roll it in sugar and store in small ice cream cups. Since we’re going to make Pastimallows, we’re going to stuff it first with marshmallow. I add a little amount of butter into our pastillas mixture, and this makes it easier to form a ball.
Negosyo Tips: You can pack this by 6 or 12 pieces depends on the size of your packaging. Took some photo’s of your product, show a variety of flavors together with your price tag and with a short product intro and post it and share on your FB page. You can also join the Carousell.ph and sell your products there. It’s better to take orders first, before mass producing it, remember Pastillas have a short shelf life, especially if not stored properly.Finally, we have another new and easy to make negosyo recipe. I hope you’ll find this recipe helpful and profitable. I’m also thinking about joining Carousell.ph, but idk which product should I sell ha ha.. I’ve been making a lot of desserts and just giving it for free. I think it’s time for me to practice what I preach here…LOL Thanks for visiting guys, see you again on my next post 🙂
Computation: (this is just a sample reference on how to compute)
3½ cups Skimmed Milk P 80.00
1 (300ml) Mango Flavored Condensed Milk 32.50
2-3 tbsp. Butter, softened (optional) 7.50
1 (283g) Large Marshmallows 62.00
½ cup Refined Sugar, for coating 10.00
40-42 pcs Paper Liners (1oz.) 5.00
7 pcs. Clear View Pastry Container 35.00
Misc. Disposable gloves 4.00
. Total Expenses : P 236.00
Total Exp.: P 236.00 / Cost per Cont. P33.70 / SRP P60.00 / Projected Profit (75%) P 184.00
Note: Profit depends on your SRP (SRP 50.00-70.00)
– oOo –
Good or Bad just Smile. You have a lot to be thankful for.